Lowa Cevedale Pro GTX ....? And others

Anyone have any experience with them? I have a narrower foot with a high arch. I am sometimes an 8.5 and sometimes a 9. Do the run narrow, wide, long or short? Any info would be great. I have a pair of Scarpa Kenisis GTX, Garmont Tower Trek GTX, Mammut Trovat Guide High GTX, Asolo TPS 520, Crispi Dakota’s, and “when they are available” the Crispi Briksdal all to do a review on. It will be late spring before I’ve tested all of them....due to the Briksdal not being ready until April. I’m almost positive I’m going to buy the Lowa Cevedale Pro, But was hoping for some feedback before I do. Thanks

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Cevedale Pro GTX I'm a size 13 and they fit wonderfully. I tried the La Sportiva Trango Cube and they just didn't work I have a high volume foot in the front and a narrow heel and the Lowa fit great put a pair of green Super Feet in and wow!

Kotaman

WKR
I have the Cevedale Pro GTX I'm a size 13 and they fit wonderfully. I tried the La Sportiva Trango Cube and they just didn't work I have a high volume foot in the front and a narrow heel and the Lowa fit great put a pair of green Super Feet in and wow!

I have the same foot shape and these Lowas fit me great and true to size.

rm06

WKR
I used the Cevedale Pro GTX last season and I'm fairly happy with them. My feet are not as narrow as they used to be (I'm a wide C/narrow D now, depending on how my foot is measured) though they are definitely low volume with a high arch. I had to order a half size up from the Tibet to an 11.5; mostly I wear size 11 though I do have a few 11.5s.

wapitibob

WKR
$382 and as per usual, bought at REI so they could be returned.

Leaked like I stuck the toe boxes with an ice pick in less than 50 easy miles. They felt great other than the clump/squish as I walked. They initially made thru some dew but the honeymoon didn't last long.

attachment.php

I went to Hanwag Alaska and they are the first boot in the last 20+ years that's stayed dry thru a season.

rm06

WKR
$382 and as per usual, bought at REI so they could be returned.

Leaked like I stuck the toe boxes with an ice pick in less than 50 easy miles. They felt great other than the clump/squish as I walked. They initially made thru some dew but the honeymoon didn't last long.

attachment.php

I went to Hanwag Alaska and they are the first boot in the last 20+ years that's stayed dry thru a season.

I've seen this test a number of times over the years but I don't understand it. My rudimentary understanding of GoreTex is that it isn't bidirectional water resistance, only incoming as it should breathe moisture out, right? Or perhaps that's what they would like us to believe. Wouldn't a better test be to submerse the boot to the tongue gusset and see if water penetrates? I'm not being argumentative, just curious.

Fortunately I did not experience wet feet once in over five days of periodic heavy rain, dew and creek crossings.

Last edited:

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen this test a number of times over the years but I don't understand it. My rudimentary understanding of GoreTex is that it isn't bidirectional water resistance, only incoming as it should breathe moisture out, right? Or perhaps that's what they would like us to believe. Wouldn't a better test be to submerse the boot to the tongue gusset and see if water penetrates? I'm not being argumentative, just curious.

Fortunately I did not experience wet feet once in over five days of periodic heavy rain, dew and creek crossings.

submersion and walking through wet grass are different. for some reason when pushing through wet vegetation goretex breaks down much faster as a barrier. Rain gear is the same way. You can sit in a downpour and be fine but when you start pushing through really wet vegetation it's a whole new ball game.