Hikers with roomy toe box.

Looking for something to replace my Quest 4d's. They seem to fit the bill fit wise but I want better under foot protection and some level of stiffness. That shoe fits me well but most other hikers cause rubbing on my little toe.

ssliger

WKR
I really like my Quest D’s also, and wanted to try something new. Picked up a pair of Crispi Summit gtx on clearance. Been hiking with them the last few weeks. They fit my feet well and are stiffer than my Quest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gustafsj

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Altra trail running shoes, technically not a hiker, but lots of room and very comfortable, even carrying a heavy load. So much so that I don’t wear hiking boots anymore. I have a pair of Lone Peaks that have good grip, but may not be stiff enough for you. They have waterproof breathable mid high in model that as well.

topher89

WKR
I went from the Quests in size 10 to the Crispi Wyomings in a wide size 10.5. I ordered from Black Ovis and got some 10W's and 10.5W's. Love the Wyomings, roomy toebox and plenty of support.

OP
C
I went from the Quests in size 10 to the Crispi Wyomings in a wide size 10.5. I ordered from Black Ovis and got some 10W's and 10.5W's. Love the Wyomings, roomy toebox and plenty of support.

DO you feel these Wyomings would be suited for day hiking and light backpacking?
I'll add that my choice won't be used for huntig, but general hiking from easy to rough terrain.

Dirk Pitt

FNG
I really like the Zamberlan Vioz 996. I have a narrow foot but like a roomy toe box and these fit that description and are very comfortable for me.

topher89

WKR
DO you feel these Wyomings would be suited for day hiking and light backpacking?
I'll add that my choice won't be used for huntig, but general hiking from easy to rough terrain.

Yes. They are really similar to the Quests. I wear them in the summer when I backpack and day hike, upland hunting and deer and elk hunting if it is not too cold. I packed a mule deer buck in them during a warm 3rd season rifle hunt and was totally happy with them.

akshayv

Banned
My foot pain was immediately relieved. I have plantars fasciitis. Because of this I've spent money on inserts. First inexpensive, and then better more expensive inserts. I purchased better shoes and sneakers. I've tried taping my foot. Doctors, stretching, exercises, etc.. etc.. However, I only got some relief. Nothing helped much or for long. Then I bought orthofeet sneakers. It has been life changing. My feet no longer hurt.

GPool1842

WKR
Check out the new Crispi Crossover Pro Light GTX. Light hiker with good toe box room. Ran them on a 25 mile backpacking loop last weekend. Good boots. Plan to run all deer and elk season this year. Probably less stiff than your Quest though..

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member

if these aren't for hunting (specifically carrying heavy loads) check the Keen Aphlex Mids- I use them for hunting (but keep a stouter pair of boots in my truck for hauling)- they definitely have a wider toebox, BUT still a normal heel and midfoot so you foot isn't swimming in an overly wide shoe, lightweight and have a nice outsole as well