Whose done lathrop and sons foot mapping system?

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
I’ve heard good feedback and bad feedback. So that to me sounds like a normal business. Lol hopefully it works out well for me and the money is well spent otherwise I’m
Back to square A wondering what to try next. Just like if I had a tent that didn’t hold up or a pack that wasn’t comfy. Or a plane ride to a hunt that I spent weathered in a tent and never hunted.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
My new boots will be here Thursday as long as usps remembers AK is for Alaska and not Arkansas. We went with the elite hunters, they molded them and made some adjustments based off my mapping system. Looking forward to this!

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
Got my hunter elite boots in today! Man, nice boots. You can tell these aren’t from cabelas lol
I haven’t wore them around yet, tried them on a couple times and need to switch to a thinner sock. My old boots were bigger and I just filled the extra space with sock I guess. Lol I can tell there is going to be a break in process, which I’ve never done before with a leather boot so this will be fun I’m sure.

bat-cave

WKR
BRWNBR, I wrote up a longer bit of feedback on my experiences with my boots last year. I am very happy with them, but did have to experiment a bit with how to snigly to lace them at different points. What I have done for years didn't work out of the box, but after some trial and minor errors ... very happy with them and teh whole experience. My point is that if you do have hot spots or cramping etc ... play around with the lacing and hopefully you will find your sweet spot!

ytlogger

FNG
My new boots will be here Thursday as long as usps remembers AK is for Alaska and not Arkansas. We went with the elite hunters, they molded them and made some adjustments based off my mapping system. Looking forward to this!

On this topic... Movers pick up a load for Elmendorf family, moving to Ft. Smith Arkansas. The boys only see Ft. Smith and get out the road map to find Ft. Smith and it's 'on the road again'. They arrive in Ft. Smith NWT and start looking for the air base. Hmmm.. say the locals and show them the map. 3 day drunk later, it's 'on the road again', again.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
On this topic... Movers pick up a load for Elmendorf family, moving to Ft. Smith Arkansas. The boys only see Ft. Smith and get out the road map to find Ft. Smith and it's 'on the road again'. They arrive in Ft. Smith NWT and start looking for the air base. Hmmm.. say the locals and show them the map. 3 day drunk later, it's 'on the road again', again.

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Got some new socks and the fit in the boots is much better. I think I was just using socks to fill dead space in my old boots. Playing with insoles now. I love a plain felt insole as they are warm, cushion, and easy to toss in my bag at night to dry out. The l and s senergy ones are comfy too, but I think one needs a slight trim as it has a pressure point I don’t like. Soon as I get time
I’ll call the lathrop boys and run thru the boots and insoles. I’m excited to get them into the mountains!

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
I went the whole yard.. If you've ever had trouble fitting boots or any other foot /mechanical trouble, these guys can likely help. I'm very impressed so far with my boots and the experience dealing with Steven, James and Morgan.
6ea01bd84492b3d3d2615ca4a900c8ef.jpg
0f693dc43e24134c279e7cc748603c3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
This exactly..
I have done it as well. Got the tech lite hunters. Its an investment, but they nailed it, never had any issues or blisters. My hunting buddy is on his 3rd pair of boots and still trying to find something he likes so I'm money ahead at this point. I wouldnt hesitate to do it again.

Riplip

WKR
I would be interested to hear if they have recommended any other boot besides their new L&S Brand since they started selling these? Seems to me a bit of conflict as I am sure their margins are much greater on their own brand? Kind of defeats the purpose of paying $1k for mapping if you already know that what boot they are going to recommend? Not trying to discredit the process just curious.

I would be interested to hear if they have recommended any other boot besides their new L&S Brand since they started selling these? Seems to me a bit of conflict as I am sure their margins are much greater on their own brand? Kind of defeats the purpose of paying $1k for mapping if you already know that what boot they are going to recommend? Not trying to discredit the process just curious.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I’ve heard of several people using their service and so far have not heard one person that they recommended purchasing a different boot other than their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I’ve heard of several people using their service and so far have not heard one person that they recommended purchasing a different boot other than their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's one in this thread that they did Lowa Tibets for. Heck, I believe their boots are made by Lowa for them, just with their brand. I may be wrong on that, but I've read other reviews on them where they've set guys up with different boots. I guess if they specialize in fitting boots then they are probably more familiar with ones they designed more so than others.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
They recommend two other boots besides their own to me.. As well as the MH Elites. Through the process, I chose the Elites and am happy I did.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
They recommended one other brand to me as well. They did not push their product at all. Gave me the choice.

They actually said 100% they could get me into lowa boots and make it fit. 80% chance they could mold their elite hunters to make them fit. I don’t want lowa so I said let’s run for the 80%!

sneaky

"DADDY"
They recommended one other brand to me as well. They did not push their product at all. Gave me the choice.

They actually said 100% they could get me into lowa boots and make it fit. 80% chance they could mold their elite hunters to make them fit. I don’t want lowa so I said let’s run for the 80%!
So, you're saying there's a chance! Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
Got my boots an an working thru my break in now so far so good,
Like the fit and the boots themselves are impressive. Excited
To see how they get along with the mountians after I get them broke in with Sheep blood on them!

Elites, that's included the mapping.
But I'm not 100% sure the recipet just says boot mods x amount.
So just the bump out for my heels and hes doing some kind of custom pads on the foot beds.
Honestly I could have worn out another set of boots shed hunting.
No its summer and I have no idea how I'm gonna get them sufficiently broke in.