Whose done lathrop and sons foot mapping system?

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
I did it a couple years ago. They put me in to lowa bighorn hunters. After a year they started leaking water and were promptly replaced. The new ones showed up a few days before I was set to leave for New Zealand so I loaded a 50 lb pack and took off on a 4 mike hike with zero pain or blisters and the new boots have held up great for the last 2 years. I’ve also ordered some lite hikers and tennis shoes based on my fit charts

choovhntr

WKR
Just took the plunge this year at the sheep show. Boots are on the truck to be delivered today so it took longer than expected. I'll post more as I spend some time in them but so far the experience, minus the wait, has been great. James made me feel like he actually cared about the outcome and will do whatever it takes to get them right. So far the customer service has been second to none.

Just took the plunge this year at the sheep show. Boots are on the truck to be delivered today so it took longer than expected. I'll post more as I spend some time in them but so far the experience, minus the wait, has been great. James made me feel like he actually cared about the outcome and will do whatever it takes to get them right. So far the customer service has been second to none.

What boots did you end up with? My mtn hunter elites were perfect the first time. Walking in the house up and down the stairs, spent a few mornings on the treadmill walking in them, then took them right to the hills and never had one issue.

choovhntr

WKR
What boots did you end up with? My mtn hunter elites were perfect the first time. Walking in the house up and down the stairs, spent a few mornings on the treadmill walking in them, then took them right to the hills and never had one issue.

That’s great to hear. I got the regular mountain hunters. I’m excited to try them out. It sure will be nice to have a pair that don’t give me blisters or crush my toes.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
How much does it end up costing when it’s all said and done?

From what I can tell, it’s 150.00 for the analysis, 50 bucks or so for the foot beds then the price of the boots, is that right?

Then they figure out which boot will fit you best? Do they try to sell you on their boot or will they only reccomend that boot if it’s the right one for you?

Sorry for all the questions, I’m in the market for new boots and I have a few specific needs to address.

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
that about right unless they do modifications to the boot for you also then it adds even more. if i remember right im close to 900 into mine. but they are super comfy right out of the box and didnt have to buy multiple pairs of boots to get a good fit . they sold me lowas so they definatley sell you the boot that fits your foot

bragland8

FNG
What is custom about these boots? I have a slight leg length discrepency and must run a 19mm shoe lift in my boot to equalize them. This can cause pressure on the top of my foot with the lift. Wondering if this would be worth pursuing as a shoe lift alternative.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
This is all very interesting, I think I’ll give them a call this week and see what they have to say.

Great info, thanks for the thread. The idea sounds perfect for me, except the possible 900 dollar investment! Guess I'll stick with sore feet. I bought some Asolo's about 3 years ago and they have been pretty good from the start, just this past year they are starting to hurt. I'm getting the impression that any boot after about 3 years of heavy use will go to pot?

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
I kinda like my feet. I’ll make the investment to keep them working well for me for another 20 years. Lathrop has my imprints and are
Cooking up some stuff prior to the next upcoming phone call.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
Got done with my consult today, learned a lot about my feet,
Some words I had to google afterward to find out what it meant! We are going to try and get s pair of the hunter elite boots molded enough to fit my foot. Turns out one foot is quite a bit wider than my other, lathrop n sons felt the elite boot had the best chance at molding enough to get what we need. They told me lowa Tibet in a wide would work no doubt, but wouldn’t last as long as the boot they have and wouldn’t be as beneficial or my longevity physically for how my feet work in a boot. Their elite boots have a sole set up for walking and geared for better ankle movement over other brand boots.
Next step is to get the new boots with inserts and try them on with them over the phone and find out if they need to be altered anymore or if we are good to go!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Got done with my consult today, learned a lot about my feet,
Some words I had to google afterward to find out what it meant! We are going to try and get s pair of the hunter elite boots molded enough to fit my foot. Turns out one foot is quite a bit wider than my other, lathrop n sons felt the elite boot had the best chance at molding enough to get what we need. They told me lowa Tibet in a wide would work no doubt, but wouldn’t last as long as the boot they have and wouldn’t be as beneficial or my longevity physically for how my feet work in a boot. Their elite boots have a sole set up for walking and geared for better ankle movement over other brand boots.
Next step is to get the new boots with inserts and try them on with them over the phone and find out if they need to be altered anymore or if we are good to go!

Cool, how long does this process take and what will your total cost be by the time you get the mountain elites set up for you? I’m in the market for something high end as I have an injury I need to work around.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
They said about 3-4 weeks total time for the whole deal. And it runs right about 900-1000 for the complete system including their elite hunter boots.

Great program, the boots I've had based off the foot mapping have been the best fitting boots I've ever owned. Worth the $ in my opinion.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
That’s awesome to hear nick! I’m stoked to see where this ends up. I’ve spent so much money on other aspects of my work but never really invested in the feet area. Only makes sense.

darbuh

FNG
Worth every penny if you are having issues finding a boot to fit properly. I did the whole process last year prior to a sheep hunt and couldn't be more satisfied, amazing what a properly fit boot feels like compared to what I was previously running. Miserable feet equals miserable hunt so in my view it is a small price to pay.....just my 2 cents anyways.

Adubs

FNG
Ordered my kit today, I’ve always just bought danners for my elk hunts but this year we’ll be hunting south of Casper WY in the boulders for a couple weeks so I figured this will be money well spent and hopefully the boots are still good in 2020 for my NWT hunt with MMO. Just too many boots to try without having any real knowledge about the differences. I’ll add comments throughout the process to let others know more about each step and how it goes.

Cost depends on what mods they have to do if any.
I have lo volume feet and bone spurs on my heels, as well as not putting pressure or to much pressure on something.
I was pretty shocked at the total cost.
I ordered my boots like Jan 9th and don't have them yet. I guess they are waiting on a manufacturing run.
Price was like $1140 all in.
I'm pretty nervous as I seen one set forsale from a guy that normally wears an 11.5 and had to go 12s.
Archery season is coming fast and I don't have them and shed hunting is almost over and that is the time i would of been really using to break them in.
So they better be pretty darn foo8the 1st get go.

$1140?! Yowzer. I have considered this service and talked to them on the phone once (they were very accomodating) and a few people via PM. I have talked to a couple guys who spent $900+ and never ended up with boots that worked for them. I imagine they are less likely to post negative feedback about a forum sponsor but it's probably best people know that we are still talking about different feet and stiff boots and it doesn't always turn out great.