Whose done lathrop and sons foot mapping system?

BRWNBR

WKR
Spent some time on the phone with these guys today. Thinking I’m gonna try it out. Anyone have experience with their services/boots/insoles?

I did the whole package. Do you have specific questions? I was happy with the feel of the boots and felt they fit very well. I also like the insoles quite a bit, much different than the green superfeet I've used for years.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
They swiped my card this morning. Gonna ride this out and see what it’s like. I’ve only found one boot that fits me very good. Anxious to see if they can hook me up better.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
Ya me to. Had so many which boot what kinda fit whose build is better blah blah. Just figured let’s see what the guys who fit boots come up with and what brand do they think my feet will ride in the best. I’m hoping their mountian hunters or elites will fit, so we’ll see. They said it will take 3-4 weeks for the whole process.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
I did the whole package. Do you have specific questions? I was happy with the feel of the boots and felt they fit very well. I also like the insoles quite a bit, much different than the green superfeet I've used for years.

Which boots did you end up with?

Which boots did you end up with?

I got the Mountain Hunters. Originally they had me lined up to get the Elites but were out of my size at the time. Aside from the leather/synthetic uppers the sole and fit should be the same (according to Steve).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
I’m a little wide on my feet so interested to see if I fit in their mountian elites/hunters.

I’m a little wide on my feet so interested to see if I fit in their mountian elites/hunters.

They are the experts and should be able to recommend a good boot for you. I have narrow and low volume feet and these fit well... but there is plenty of adjustment if I had a wider foot. Plus I think some of what they do with the insole helps give or take up more space depending on your needs.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
So 1 dude in here has done it? Forums sponsors, a million boot threads on what fits and what don’t, a company that does it for a living and only 1 guy is admitting he’s done it?
Man was hoping for more feedback. I’ll be sure and make a thread on my experience when I get thru it!

MtnCam

FNG
I have done it, and would do it again without question. I have battled a ruptured plantar facia, suffered from plantar fasciitis, torn calf muscle in half due to extremely tight gastroc muscles, I blister easily, etc. Basically, a large amount of foot problems. I looked at the cost as an investment and the chance to work with professionals, not just a purchase.

The mapping was easy and I didn't require a lot of changes to the boots. I received the boot and went through the fitting. Not too much of a problem.

Here is where the Lathrops really impressed me. After my initial fitting I was having issues with several things that had developed through adjusting to a stiff sole boot. These guys were ALWAYS there to help. I sent the boots back in to have them worked up. I sent the insoles back in twice to have them worked up. I spent hours on the phone and was never treated like I was an inconvenience. I have no doubt that if I called today with a problem I would get the same time and help I did after I purchased my boots.

As a side note, I spent 8 days in the wilderness with a heavy pack and had no hot spots or foot fatigue.

But remember that these boots are designed for uneven terrain with heavy loads, this is what they were designed to do. If you want a boot that is the latest and greatest as advertised by the youtube experts that you can wear humping a pack all day and still wear to a 5 star restaurant that evening. These are not for you. If you are wanting a work horse boot with an excellent fit. You are well on your way.

If you look at the process as an investment. If you follow their instructions and provide good feedback and are patient with the break in process I have no doubt you will be satisfied.

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
I got the full package in a set of lowa Tibet's and love them so far. Packed out 1 elk and a deer so far and no issues. I even got a 2nd set of insoles for my work shoes

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
I have done it, and would do it again without question. I have battled a ruptured plantar facia, suffered from plantar fasciitis, torn calf muscle in half due to extremely tight gastroc muscles, I blister easily, etc. Basically, a large amount of foot problems. I looked at the cost as an investment and the chance to work with professionals, not just a purchase.

The mapping was easy and I didn't require a lot of changes to the boots. I received the boot and went through the fitting. Not too much of a problem.

Here is where the Lathrops really impressed me. After my initial fitting I was having issues with several things that had developed through adjusting to a stiff sole boot. These guys were ALWAYS there to help. I sent the boots back in to have them worked up. I sent the insoles back in twice to have them worked up. I spent hours on the phone and was never treated like I was an inconvenience. I have no doubt that if I called today with a problem I would get the same time and help I did after I purchased my boots.

As a side note, I spent 8 days in the wilderness with a heavy pack and had no hot spots or foot fatigue.

But remember that these boots are designed for uneven terrain with heavy loads, this is what they were designed to do. If you want a boot that is the latest and greatest as advertised by the youtube experts that you can wear humping a pack all day and still wear to a 5 star restaurant that evening. These are not for you. If you are wanting a work horse boot with an excellent fit. You are well on your way.

If you look at the process as an investment. If you follow their instructions and provide good feedback and are patient with the break in process I have no doubt you will be satisfied.

Great feedback thank you. I’m not looking for pretty boots. I’m looking to keep my feet happy. I guide about 15 hunts a year typically 6-8 of those as backpacking hunts and 5-6 of those are sheep or mtn goat hunts. Pretty boots they will not be. I can destroy some footwear. I’m looking for top quality and top fit.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
I got the full package in a set of lowa Tibet's and love them so far. Packed out 1 elk and a deer so far and no issues. I even got a 2nd set of insoles for my work shoes

I’ve heard a lot of great things about their insoles!

Went through the entire process 3-4 years ago. It is expensive, but if you are having problem finding boots that fit it is well worth it.

Sent 2 sets of boots back and forth 3-4 times until they fit perfect. Best boots I have owned. Zero issues.

MtnCam

FNG
I think you're on the right path. I was impressed with my mountain hunters and the quality of craftsmanship. Most importantly I was impressed with how hard James and Stephen worked to make sure I got the best fit possible.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
So it has started...sending these back tomorrow. Just hoping I don’t find out I fit a boot I don’t want. Lol
036a0d64daaa1b458159c01d443d100a.jpg

Regarding boots you dont want: After I sent my prints in I got a call from Stephen. He asked some pretty specific questions on my uses: Where am I hunting? What specific type of terrain? What season? Solo or with others? Amount of time per hunt (day trips or multiple..1-2, 3-5 days, etc)? How much weight in the pack? And likely other things I'm forgetting. After all that, and looking at my prints and pictures, plus letting him know what boot brands/models I've used in the past we talked about some of the specifics with my feet. For the record, he asked about certain things like hot spots, callouses, etc that I had not previously mentioned but he was dead on... so he's paying attention to your pics/prints. He mentioned a few reasons that I had likely had problem spots in the past and how to prevent them. We chatted for probably 20 minutes or more about it all before he recommended a few different boots.

All that rambling to say: I think by the time you get to that point you can be confident they'll recommend something that will fit your uses. It might not be the one you've been dreaming of, but I dont think they'll steer you wrong based on your specific foot and uses.

rklein

Lil-Rokslider
I have done it as well. Got the tech lite hunters. Its an investment, but they nailed it, never had any issues or blisters. My hunting buddy is on his 3rd pair of boots and still trying to find something he likes so I'm money ahead at this point. I wouldnt hesitate to do it again.