Irish setter elk trackers

Will_m

WKR
Anybody have any experience with these boots? Looking to get a pair for September elk.

jjjjeremy

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have any experience with these boots? Looking to get a pair for September elk.

The soles on my vaprtreks wore smooth in under 250 miles, maybe less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair of these, as does my hunting partner. Mine are the 600 gram thinsulate and he has the 1000. We use them for late season hunts in which we are mostly day hiking. I have used them on earlier season backpacking hunts when the weather looks extremely cold or there is snow. They didn't agree with my feet too well when I was loaded heavily, like an elk rear quarter and front shoulder. They bloodied my feet up badly the one time I tried it. Great winter work boots though!

TraskI

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a dedicated uninsulatted hunting pair sense 2011. They are the most comfortable boot I have found. The water proofing only lasted about 2 years, now my feet get wet if I am stomping around in the snow, or durring a monsoon. I wish the waterproofing lasted better. I have had no issues with the tread, but they do not get used other than in the woods. I have tried a few other brands, but keep putting the old boots back on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought these for last years hunting season and I mostly backpack hunt. Can't say enough good about them. I have the un insulated model as my feet sweat a lot and I never really got cold in them. These have the air bob soles and I was happy with the traction and I am currently wearing them as work boots. The price on them is great and I prefer a boot that does not have the rubber rand around the bottom as I think the leather has to have a little give which the rubber rand doesn't. I'm not sure how these would hold up on shale slides but for general hunting, they have worked great for me.

Randy