Crispi Nevada Insulated or Uninsulated?

OR Bull

FNG
Hey Everyone,

First off, I'm a longtime reader but this is my first post so I wanted to say hello and thank you for all the info everyone has provided me in the past.

Here's my dilemma, I'm planning on buying a pair of Nevada's but I keep going back and forth on whether to buy the insulated or uninsulated so I haven't pulled the trigger. I'm really interested in the insulated version but I'm worried about them being too warm. That being said, I know it's only 200g and I can see how it would be nice to have at times, especially when glassing later in the season.

I grew up hunting here on the West side of Oregon so it generally doesn't get too cold, especially during bow season. I've been wearing Kenetrek Mountain Extreme Uninsulated and they've been great but last season I totally wore them out and don't plan on getting them rebuilt. Also, last season while backcountry hunting in Montana the temperature dropped early in the trip and I spent the next 10 days in subfreezing weather.

I guess I'm just looking for any input or if anyone has any personal experiences I would appreciate hearing it. I've read all the reviews but so I know I can't go wrong but since it's a pretty big investment I wanted a little extra info.

Thanks for the help!

OR BULL

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve run the insulated boots the last couple September’s and early spring. Until the temps hit close to 80 the insulation has not been something where my feet get really hot. I like them enough to have rebuilt last summer and will be wearing this September.

lucascole76

Lil-Rokslider
I have both insulated and uninsulated . The tipping point in my opinion is if there is snow on the ground. My uninsulated crispi s get pretty dam cold when I sit for 10 min after walking through a little snow . Seems like right in the toe box is where it gets cold . No snow on the ground I can get away with my uninsulated crispis not a issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OR Bull

OR Bull

FNG
Thanks for the responses guys! I've been dealing with a sick pup so I'm just getting around to reading them now. That input is just what I was looking for and I think I'm going to go with the insulted version. Really looking forward to try them out this season too.