Hoffman explorer

kipper09

WKR
Wondering if any of you all have any experience with these boots? In my never ending search for boots (it seems) I ran across these. Very good looking boot. Just thought I would see if there was any feedback. In Idaho and local company. Apparently these are made in Italy for Hoffman.. Not really well known in hunting world but seem to be in the work boot world. I was set on buying a kenetrek Mtn extreme or Crispi guide but these look quite interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwampBone

FNG
I don't have experience with that exact boot but I have a pair of what is basically a Hoffman Explorer with a composite toe for work. They are a great boot! The fit and finish are just what you'd expect from a higher priced boot.

OP
kipper09

kipper09

WKR
They don’t get much publicity and they look pretty quality. Thanks for the input.

I don't have any experience with the new Hoffman explorer (which I plan to buy) but I have wore Hoffman pack boots here in Montana for the last 25 years, I will buy nothing but hoffmans. A buddy of mine bought the new explorer boot and loves it. You will get the best service from Hoffman. Look up Hoffman boots on facebook and Jim Hoffman and there are several reviews on this boot.

Terry

OP
kipper09

kipper09

WKR
I ordered a pair a couple days ago. I was all set on a pair of Crispi guides or kenetreks but I called and spoke with jim in depth about the Hoffman boots and I was very impressed with what he had to say. They should be here in a few days. All the pac boots and lineman boots get great reviews so I’m excited to try them out.

Tyler Beck

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I have a pair of the 8" uninsulated Hoffman Explorers and I couldn't be happier. They fit very nice, are comfortable, and treat my feet well (meaning that my feet aren't trashed they day after a 12 mile hike). I have been wearing them horn hunting all spring in the area surrounding Lewiston, Idaho which is full of hills. I'm constantly going up and down and have never once had discomfort from these boots. Their maiden voyage was actually on a boat trip up the Snake River where i climbed up one of the canyon walls to get a look at some sheep!

YGtBlGu.jpg

Cnlrrig.jpg

OP
kipper09

kipper09

WKR
That’s great feedback. I’m excited to try them. The very few things I have been able to find on them has been very positive.

OP
kipper09

kipper09

WKR
Well I got the explorers today. Laced them up and wore them around for a couple hours and I have to say for an initial impression I’m pretty impressed. They feel very quality and the workmanship looks great. They fit well, the lacing system is really solid and overall the boot feels really good. It’s pretty light for a stout mountain boot. Adding some pics so you guys can see the boot. The website doesn’t show the boot very well so maybe these pics will help if anybody is interested.
b27bc2db53844409b4f5097a9060494d.jpg
3c0437d49619cbfcab1c0f707473824a.jpg
45d5b488e57c036eddc781a08ae0059c.jpg
97649e9c423121b37ce81fec41693092.jpg

Last edited:

Wapiti406

WKR
Well I got the explorers today. Laced them up and wore them around for a couple hours and I have to say for an initial impression I’m pretty impressed. They feel very quality and the workmanship looks great. They fit well, the lacing system is really solid and overall the boot feels really good. It’s pretty light for a stout mountain boot. Adding some pics so you guys can see the boot. The website doesn’t show the boot very well so maybe these pics will help if anybody is interested.
3c0437d49619cbfcab1c0f707473824a.jpg
45d5b488e57c036eddc781a08ae0059c.jpg
97649e9c423121b37ce81fec41693092.jpg

How did the Hoffmans work out for you? I got my hands on a pair today and they seemed like a really nice boot, but they didn't have the right size for me. How wide is the heel? I'm looking for something on the narrow side.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
How are you guys finding the ankle support on these??? I wanted antaller boot but I’m sort of tempted to give these a spin.

Vandal 44

WKR
Hoffman Explorer

I have about 150 plus miles on my Hoffman Explorer's, all the miles have been training hikes with many anywhere between 30 to 50 pounds and my feet feel great.. I would put them up against the big boot companies any day. The quality of the leather, lacing system, insoles and soles are excellent. Out of the box they are comfortable very little break in time.

I made the mistake of purchasing the wide so they have a little more room in the heel and toe box than I would like and never got a hot blister or hot spot.

I will be purchasing another pair this week (medium width) that fit a little better. If anyone is wanting a 12 Wide let me know

Attachments

• Hoffman.jpg
    Hoffman.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 48

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have about 150 plus miles on my Hoffman Explorer's, all the miles have been training hikes with many anywhere between 30 to 50 pounds and my feet feel great.. I would put them up against the big boot companies any day. The quality of the leather, lacing system, insoles and soles are excellent. Out of the box they are comfortable very little break in time.

I made the mistake of purchasing the wide so they have a little more room in the heel and toe box than I would like and never got a hot blister or hot spot.

I will be purchasing another pair this week (medium width) that fit a little better. If anyone is wanting a 12 Wide let me know

How’s the ankle support?!

Vandal 44

WKR
The Ankle support is good, my left ankle is real bad if I step on a piece of gum I will roll the ankle. With the Explorer the ankle support hasn't been an issue. I think the Kenetrek has a little better ankle support.