Does anyone wear size 8.5's?

Benjblt

WKR
I wear 8-1/2 size boots. I've never been able to sell any of my boots in the classifieds when i've tried. Just for kicks lets take a survey; What size do you all wear? What's your favorite boot? Mine is the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme's. Fit my feet like a glove!

I wear 8-1/2 size boots. I've never been able to sell any of my boots in the classifieds when i've tried. Just for kicks lets take a survey; What size do you all wear? What's your favorite boot? Mine is the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme's. Fit my feet like a glove!

8.5 lowa rangers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
8-9 depending on the boot.

Iv got a pair of meindl Alaskans that will not die, they are my favorite as of now.

Hoping to try schnees in a couple weeks, as I will likely need a new pair come fall.

I won't buy boots used, or without return policy off the net unless it's a known boot to me.

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
I see a couple of guys that like Meindl's. . . Are they pretty good?

Imo some models are. Depends on which your looking at.

I got very lucky and got a pair of Alaskans, a very stiff and supportive boot, in the bargain cave for 180 after additional discount. They still had the tags, no box and were brand new. Iv run a few other stuff boots but have always come back to the Alaskans. They have since changed the Alaskan model, so can't speak for the current. But I was lucky finding them for that cheap, and having them work as good as they have.

In a couple weeks Iv got a trip coming up, going to head west and am planning on making a trip to Bozeman to try on some schnees.

Ghost

Lil-Rokslider
8-8.5 depending on the boot. Meindl perfekt lite hikers, by far the most comfortable boot Ive ever worn. Weird enough, Meindl perfekt hikers were easiest the least comfortable boot Ive ever worn, took me 3 months to break them in.

JDZ

WKR
I was always a 8.5. Red Wing, Double H, Asolo, Nike, Asics. In higher end footwear, I'm usually a 9. Kenetrek Mountain Extreme is my favorite pair of footwear and I'm a 9. But I recently bought a pair of Kenetrek Desert Guides in 8.5, and I think they fit well. In La Sportiva, I'm a 42.5.

I wish Kenetrek would make the Mountain Extreme in a non waterproof version... Wyatt, Kenetrek, anybody?...

8 - 8.5

My favorite boot so far is the Salomon quest 4d 2 gtx boots. I like the stiffness compared to the Danners I use to wear. Having a hard time keeping them waterproof though.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
8 to 8.5 ... God gifted me in other places...like my belly

I have two pairs of pretty much brand new Crispi Summits in 8 and 8.5 if anyone is looking.
5e3a2d6f1a17b9a2770cc88fcb513126.jpg

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
I was always a 8.5. Red Wing, Double H, Asolo, Nike, Asics. In higher end footwear, I'm usually a 9. Kenetrek Mountain Extreme is my favorite pair of footwear and I'm a 9. But I recently bought a pair of Kenetrek Desert Guides in 8.5, and I think they fit well. In La Sportiva, I'm a 42.5.

I wish Kenetrek would make the Mountain Extreme in a non waterproof version... Wyatt, Kenetrek, anybody?...

How do you like the Desert Guides? I just bought a pair of the Kenetrek Hardscrabbles and I'm trying to sell them since I was able to get the Lowa Tibets really cheap. I really like my Mountain Extremes. I also found that I'm a 42.5 in La Sportiva.. . which supposedly is a 9-1/4 in European sizing.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
8.5-9 right here.

What kinda boots were you trying to sell?

Kenetrek Hardscrabble (new) or Lowa Tibet (barely used). I only need one of these two pairs. I was also trying to sell my Lowa Renegades. The long and short of it is that I have too many boots all of the sudden :cool:

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
8 - 8.5

My favorite boot so far is the Salomon quest 4d 2 gtx boots. I like the stiffness compared to the Danners I use to wear. Having a hard time keeping them waterproof though.

I wish Salomon fit my foot but they just don't. I really think I would like there boots if they did.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I wish Salomon fit my foot but they just don't. I really think I would like there boots if they did.

Never understood the Salomon love. They leak right out of the box and maybe last a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk