reccomendations for summer hiking boots

Looking for some boots for hiking this summer, and would like to be able to use them for hunting in decent weather also. I bought a pair of un-insulated mountain extremes last summer, but they are just too warm/not breathable enough for me even in 70ish degree weather. I would like something similar to these, and willing to give up waterproofness. I know kenetrek has some other boots that don't have the waterproof membrane, I wonder how those would do temperature/breathability wise?

ianpadron

WKR
If you don't care about waterproof, it's tough to beat the Salomon Quests. They are GoreTex lined but start leaking about 50miles into their lifespan. Aside from that there really isn't a downside to that boot. Super light, comfy right out of the box, great support, and breathable. Can't beat the price either.

I just picked up a pair of Schnee's Granite Pros for my summer scouting boot, they are uninsulated and lined with OutDry, which is the best waterproof membrane available in terms of breathability for boots. We'll see how they do. They are some badass looking boots straight out of the box, I'll tell you that much!

wyosteve

WKR
I just picked up a pair of Crispi Thors and so far am liking them as much as my Salomons.

OP
B
Plan on trying on some boots this weekend, going to try the salomons, but also looking at the crispi Idaho and Wyoming.
I NEED a very breathable boot that my feet wont get hot in, I like taller boots, curious if the Idaho will be much warmer than the Wyoming. Anybody wear either of these boots in 90+ temps?

mtnkid85

WKR
Are you dead set on a boot?
I moved to a heavyish trail runner for my summer/early fall footwear. La Sportiva Ultra raptors have been my go to for the past few years. Im just getting ready to purchase another pair to replace my last worn out pair.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looking for some boots for hiking this summer, and would like to be able to use them for hunting in decent weather also. I bought a pair of un-insulated mountain extremes last summer, but they are just too warm/not breathable enough for me even in 70ish degree weather. I would like something similar to these, and willing to give up waterproofness. I know kenetrek has some other boots that don't have the waterproof membrane, I wonder how those would do temperature/breathability wise?

Check out our new Outlook Evo. I have been wearing mine every day for about 2 months. They are awesome!

Matt