Crispi summit Reviews?

Hello, I tried on a pair of the Crispi summit's at our local Scheels the other day and they felt great, they are extremely light and still provide good ankle support, I held the Summit and Lowa Rangers (my current boot) together and the Rangers feel like a boat anchor compared to the Crispi. I am seriously considering picking up a pair but cannot find many reviews on them. The one review I did find said that they might not hold up as well because they use he EVA midsole. Does anyone have first hand experience with the Crispi Summits? How do they hold up over time?

It seems most the reviews I read regarding Crispi boots are positive and they offer the Summit in a wide which is ideal for me.

Thanks

GPool1842

WKR
I hear ya... I am looking at these and the Thors. Thor are lighter but they are stiffer. Summit are heavier but have more flex....

OP
B
Up top for any feed back. Pulled an elk tag that is going to require some serious miles. Looking for a new boot.

Sambone

FNG
I’ve had the summits for a year. Great boots.
For me they are a stiff boot (keep in mind that I hunt in trail runners a lot unless it’s wet)...
these boots have good support and are lightweight and very waterproof.

I’d recommend them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandal 44

WKR
I wrote a very short review on the Thor over on Black Ovis (look for Gerry K)

I would like to try the Crispi Briksdal but they are insulated and at $369 not sure if they would be to hot for early archery elk

Tick

WKR
Echo what Sambone said about stiffness and support. I liked the first pair I bought enough I picked up second for when these wear out. It has been a great boot for me.

OP
B
Thanks guy. How have they held up? The EVA midsole worries me a bit. How has the longevity been?

I also stopped by Scheels and tried on the Summit’s and Idaho’s. I was very impressed and couldn’t decide between them. The following day I called Crispi and explained my dilemma. The associate advised I go towards the Wyoming or Idaho if durability and versatility for hunting were my main focus. I got the impression that the summits were aimed more at the light hiker/backpacker crowd who may bag peaks but not the most technical.

Sambone

FNG
My summits have held up well, but I don’t have a lot of miles on them.

I’d agree that the Idaho or Wyoming’s would be a lot tougher over the rest of time and rocky terrain.

808hoghunter

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered a pair of summits hoping for the best... I recently had my lowa ranger 2 pu midsole disintegrate after its second outing this past Sunday... both my soles fell off in the mountains granted I did purchase them late 2014 but still for the price with 2 uses I was sad.. they we're comfy for those 2 days though..

OP
B
Awesome, please report back as to your thoughts I'm still considering boots and would love for the Summit to work for me.

Interesting about the Lowa Rangers. I've had mine since 2014 and have countless miles on them without material failures. The tread is almost shot and the bottom of my feet get very sore after a long day in them but all and all they have been a solid boot.

808hoghunter

Lil-Rokslider
Will do I have plantar fasciitis in my left foot so replaced insoles with some Protalus ones... I have 2 brand new soles you can glue on your old boots lol... I contacted lowa and they told me that PU midsoles deteriorating is normal if boots aren't used regularly.. kinda odd ta me for only being 3 years old.. I have the zyphers from 2012 and there still good along with some hanwags I purchased before lowas that are doing fine..

808hoghunter

Lil-Rokslider
Well so far so good as far as hot spots flat landing... boot does have a smaller footprint .. It's way lighter than my lowas but the ankle support I feel is less, but that's expected as it's not a full leather boot... I need to do some side hills and lava rock walking before i can give an honest review though.

I have about 30 miles off trail in my summits now. They stayed dry through creek crossings and muddy, soggy seeps. Really liking the overall balance between weight, support and breathability. I did use black super feet for insoles. I also wear Lowa Tibets (last 10 years) and so far these are set to take their place in the starting lineup for 2018.

Dkd

FNG
My 15 yr old bought these for me with his first summer money 3 weeks ago, I was a little hesitant and thinking they really weren’t what I wanted but after 25 miles and coming from Danners/Meindel, I’m really impressed! I felt the the ankle support was great by double lacing the top two eyelets. Grippy,light and perfect amount of stiffness. Love them so far! Both my boys have Idaho’s and besides the size/weight I think the Summit’s may even hold up better.

OP
B
I ended up buying another pair of Lowas, this time the Caminos. I would have loved to try the Summits but I could not find 11.5 wides anywhere. If Crispi would have been able to keep up with stock they would have had another sale. My Caminos will be here next week. If they dont work out for some reason I may be on the search again.

lintond

WKR
I picked up the summits last summer and wore them on my week long elk hunt in Wyoming, deer hunting the sagebrush country of Eastern Oregon, and chasing chukar the rest of the fall.

I’ve been impressed with them, but do need to get an insole for them. They’ve been waterproof (tested hard in the snowy crap that hit Wyoming), and provide good support.

I wanted a lightweight boot to help keep me from getting fatigued cause oz on your feet add up!