Flat Feet, looking for boot recomendations

Mlax

FNG
Had ankle/foot/arch reconstruction last year. Feet are old and tired, we are talking Fred Flintstone flat. Bought a pair of Saloman Ultra 3 MID GTX and they are not comfortable. Need something supportive with wide sole. I think at this point cost is irrelevant, comfort takes priority. I guess with the Salomon's I don't like the way they lace and my feet feel like they want to roll in. Any suggestions or places to look to purchase would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have flat (meaning zero arch) feet, a bum heal (bursitis that can flare up at any time) and one foot is almost a half size bigger than the other.

I've tried the Lowa Tibet and they were good, but my pinky toe jammed in the toe box in one foot. The foot bed felt good.

I've tried the Saloman's and they were wayyyy too narrow.

I'm using a Lowa Renegade, wide, half size larger than I normally wear and use SuperFeet green insoles (by order of a PT) and they work very well with my feet. I just bought a backup pair as well.

Jumpalot

FNG
I have a wide (4E) foot and narrow heel. The Lowa Renegade's are pretty good. I also have the Vasque St.Elias but they are a little narrower. I use custom orthotics and they help a ton. I have used superfeet and sofsols and they were better then nothing but not nearly as good as my orthotics. Thinking about trying the new Vasque Saga.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
Two suggestions to try are going with a taller boot which are more supportative and trying different boot lacing techniques. Different lacing techiques before and after the heel area can really helps make the boot support the arch better and holds tightness in specific areas.

I have very flat Flintstone feet and my biggest problem is the lack of a wide midfoot causes blisters when my inner arch rolls over and flattens. I was about to go through the custom process for ~$1000 but decided to try one more off the shelf, the Keen Men's Detroit 8" Soft Toe Waterproof boot. I was willing to spend alot more $ but the Keen is more supportive in the arch and the sole of Keens are wider in the mid foot making them better for when my arch rolls over and flattens. I ordered 4 different sizes/widths from Amazon and free returned all but the correct one. Ordering a variety of sizes/widths and trying them for an extended period at home with different insoles or custom orthotics is helpful and allows alot more time then in store.

Titan

WKR
Extremely flat feet here. Tried for years to figure out what I need and finally found the answer in "10 second flat foot insoles". I can pretty much where any shoe or boot with a removeable insert.

Swap those out and I'm good to go. I even tried custom inserts for a while. They helped but not enough. These insoles don't force an arch, they let you keep your foot flat but keep your ankle aligned. Worth a shot for $20 or whatever they cost.

OP
M

Mlax

FNG
I appreciate all the help. I have custom orthotics in my boots now they help but cost about 500 after insurance. Was hoping for a less costly solution. I returned the Saloman's and ordered the Lowa Renegades with a set of green feet insoles. Fingers crosses. Thanks for the insight.

semperfidelis97

Lil-Rokslider
I have been through several brands myself. With my custom orthotics the most comfortable have been Meindls. The footbed on them is very wide, and the toe box leaves allot of room . They run large so I wouldn't buy them without trying them on. I did the wonderland trail circling Mt. Ranier on mine after very little break in, and my feet came out great.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

K_pem

WKR
My feet are flat as slab granite, i blow the pinky toes out of all my athletic shoes, and i am using some scarpas i picked up off of a FB group for cheap, i havent had a problem yet. Idk if theyre the best but they have worked for me this season.

Semperfi, I see youre in Graham? Dont see many from around there, I grew up there but decided to trade that terrain for N. idaho hahaha