Socks?

moeleo

WKR
I have been using Darn Tough with liners for hunting and hiking out west. I too am a PA treestand hunter and always wore very heavy socks with my boots. I find myself now wearing the same socks as mentioned above and actually being quite comfortable even in rubber boots. When the temps dip down to single digits I was wearing my pack boots but still stayed with the same sock setup. I find myself using them more and more around here anyway so they are well worth the investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Darn Tough and the merino wool blend socks from Wal-Mart. I do prefer the Darn Tough, but the Wal Mart do just fine. I mostly prefer the Darn Toughs because they are thinner and my boots are a smidge small, so going downhill jams my toes with thicker socks.
The problem with the Darn Toughs is once you buy one pair, you'll buy more!

Darn tough or smart wool PhDs. I actually prefer the PhDs the most due to how they fit and feel for my foot but they do wear out quicker than other socks I have.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
To the OP; YES good wool socks make all the difference. I think of feet like I do eyeballs in your head. You have two and that's all you get to last you your whole life.
I remember when I bought my first crazy expensive "wicky wicky socks" I only used them for hunting. Everyday at work I would wear crap coton or synthetic junk socks cause I didn't want to ruin my $$ socks.
Then I got a few more nice wool socks and decided I'd wear the old socks to the job site....
After a few weeks of wearing the wool everyday, I threw out every cotton sock and all the crap synthetic. Trash. Your feet are worth keeping them dry, you only get two.

That was a long time ago, now I have weeded out the crap wool socks. Darn Tough are my Fav.

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
I'm shocked not one single mention of the Bass pro Redhead lifetime socks. They come in different thicknesses and are a high merino wool blend with a lifetime warranty and almost half the cost of some of the others. I been using these for years happily. Am I really missing out that much?