Crispi Nevada

Nevada Legend GTX Boot | Crispi Hunting Boots

I've been running this boot since last fall, and am impressed more each situation it gets put in.

I personally do not like a mountaineering stiff boot. But I also don't like a floppy boot.
I have been at altitudes over 10,000' and lots of side hilling.
I needed insulation as well as water proofing tendencies.
These are a bit heavy, but are the insulated version and I added extra insulation sole pad.

I got the Crispi Nevada Legend GTX boot.
It was not the most comfortable right out of the box, but wasn't bad either.
Just a few trips wearing it and it began to feel how I wanted it to feel.

I have been turkey hunting and we had 3-4" of fresh snow.
I also did 3 river crossings in this, and then spent the last 6 hrs in the snow. My feet were warm and dry.

I did do the crispi spray water treatment on these.

Though these are not Solomon comfort, they are a great boot with a permanent spot in my system.

rob86jeep

WKR
I just bought a pair of Nevada's and am trying to get them broken in now. They are super comfortable so far but do have a little heel slip. I've only worn them out of the house one time so far though and am still trying to figure out how tight I want/need to lace them up.

Did you try to Crispi boot wax as well? If not, why'd you use the spray instead?

OP
mfllood3800
For this boot they recommend the spray.
Mine had some slip, but I bought it a hair big, for thicker socks and extra insulating sole.
The slip is gone.
I suggest a thicker after market insole

I have had tight boots fixed by changing these to thinner ones, and loose ones fixed by going thicker

For this boot they recommend the spray.
Mine had some slip, but I bought it a hair big, for thicker socks and extra insulating sole.
The slip is gone.
I suggest a thicker after market insole

I have had tight boots fixed by changing these to thinner ones, and loose ones fixed by going thicker

I have a pair of Scarpa Grand Drus that are just a bit on the big side. What thick insole did you use on your bigger boots? I want to try also

OP
mfllood3800
I went to our local Shopko and got the aluminum looking insole, made for extra warmth. I don't remember its name- sorry. But it is for warmth. It was about 5/16" thick consistently thru out.
I didn't want to just lift the heel, or just the bridge or just the toe- I was looking for a full lift.

I also wear an insulated sock with these from Darn Tough.
This combo allows the boot to be ideal. I did hike 4 miles each day with this set up, in snow, river crossings, and 20-30 temps. I was good all day, not overly sweaty either- no blisters or hot spots even,