Crispi Lapponia vs Salomon 4d 3

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for advice...really like the feel of the salomons and have yet to try on the lapponias. Could someone compare ankle support, stiffness etc. between the 2...They will be used for primarily archery hunting here in western oregon and backpacking trips up into the cascades....Thanks in advance.

wyosteve

WKR
Not the exact comparison, but I have Salomon 4D 2 and Crispi Thor. The Thor has a great heel cup fit for me and seems as wide as the Salomon. The Salomons seem to have a bit more ankle support and stiffness. The Thor is very comfortable out of the box as is the Salomon. Just my .02.

OP
B

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the insight. That's what I like about the salomons...seems to have the ankle support that I need...was just curious if the lapponias could compete ankle support wise. I know there are other crispi boots that could offer that...just comparing boots at the same price point...thanks again.

krojemann

WKR
I've owned both. Loved how comfy the Salomons are, but they start to leak as soon as rain is in the forecast. The Lapponia is comparable to the Salomons in support. And of course waterproof, but for some reason Crispi boots chew up my heels & hurt my feet. I've recently picked up a couple pair of Oboz. The Oboz Wind River III is very similar to the Salomons, just as (or more) comfy, and are actually waterproof.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I've owned both. Loved how comfy the Salomons are, but they start to leak as soon as rain is in the forecast. The Lapponia is comparable to the Salomons in support. And of course waterproof, but for some reason Crispi boots chew up my heels & hurt my feet. I've recently picked up a couple pair of Oboz. The Oboz Wind River III is very similar to the Salomons, just as (or more) comfy, and are actually waterproof.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have used the Solomon and just got the Wyoming’s. Never had a leak with my Solomon’s and have had them in bad rain and wet conditions of snow and wet grass. Great boots. I haven’t used the Wyoming yet. So stayed tuned.