Where to buy new boots

Jacack

WKR
I need some new boots ,been using perfekt meindl form cabelas for a few years now and they were good but looking to get something new.

I live I sw Florida so no real stores to go try boots on so I order online and was thinking of ordering a few different pairs and returning what I don't like. I know my wife buys from zappos and returns shoes all the time and see they sell a few of the pairs I am looking at, anyone done this before? Any other I should look at ?

Looking at the saloman quest 4d , lowas camino gtx and lowa irox gtx , I have read lots of reviews and think I will end up with the irox, i normally buy two pairs to rotate

Lots of guys with a lot more knowledge of boots on here than me so open to any suggestions

Jared

AdamW

WKR
I was in the same boat 2 years ago. Yep, any reputable outlet that 1) has what you want and 2) does free/easy returns. Places like zappos were built on that, Amazon ehhhh kind of a gray area maybe. The odds of finding all the boots I wanted to try in ANY store much less in one or two stores was about zero, so I ordered I think 8 pair of boots, tried them on, wore them around the house, up and down the stairs, etc. and made my decision. My top 2 picks (the Quest and one Scarpa) immediately didn't fit my feet and were out of the running. I then narrowed it down over the course of the next few days and the rest went back.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
I just went to REI last month and was really impressed with the knowledge and service there. Also had the 20 percent off deal going. She looked at my feet, gave me a couple of recommendations and I ended up with some Asolos that have about 15 blister free miles on them so far. Nice part about REI is you don’t have to try and decide if you like the boots by walking around in your house. 1 year no questions asked if they don’t fit right after a legit break in take em back. They also said they’ll stretch em if I have a hotspot and gave me info on a cobbler who has the mold to resole the boots down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
I was in the same boat 2 years ago. Yep, any reputable outlet that 1) has what you want and 2) does free/easy returns. Places like zappos were built on that, Amazon ehhhh kind of a gray area maybe. The odds of finding all the boots I wanted to try in ANY store much less in one or two stores was about zero, so I ordered I think 8 pair of boots, tried them on, wore them around the house, up and down the stairs, etc. and made my decision. My top 2 picks (the Quest and one Scarpa) immediately didn't fit my feet and were out of the running. I then narrowed it down over the course of the next few days and the rest went back.

Y o mind me asking where you ordered from? Zappos as a couple of the pairs I am looking at but not all.

LostArra

WKR
If zappos has what you are looking for then I would not hesitate to go that route. Their return policy is absolutely pain-free. It's almost like they expect you to return them. I always take a glance at Sierra Trading Post and Campsaver just on the chance they might have them at a better price but I've not returned anything with them.

Why are you changing from the Perfekt’s? I ask because I changed from them once but went back to them.

Elkhntr08

WKR
I picked up my Kenetrek Mountain Extremes at at local RMEF banquet for $125. Some times you can get a great deal!

I need some new boots ,been using perfekt meindl form cabelas for a few years now and they were good but looking to get something new.

I live I sw Florida so no real stores to go try boots on so I order online and was thinking of ordering a few different pairs and returning what I don't like. I know my wife buys from zappos and returns shoes all the time and see they sell a few of the pairs I am looking at, anyone done this before? Any other I should look at ?

Looking at the saloman quest 4d , lowas camino gtx and lowa irox gtx , I have read lots of reviews and think I will end up with the irox, i normally buy two pairs to rotate

Lots of guys with a lot more knowledge of boots on here than me so open to any suggestions

Jared

Jared, check out shoebuy.com ive bought a pair of Lowa Camino GTX from there a few years ago. Same boat as you, first purchased the quest 4d, Lowa Camino, Tibet and Renegade. I ended up liking the Camino's the best and shipped the others back. I think i had 90 days to return. I wore them around the house and around town a little, and just cleaned them up before i shipped them back.

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
Thanks , just found some on steep and cheap. Ordered the camino gtx and the irox to try

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
If you have an REI, they are a great place to start. I generally start there for anything backpacking related. After my wife decided to try a clearance boot from the Columbia outlet that were awfully uncomfortable for her, we went there and she has over 100 trouble free miles on her Lowas. The piece of mind that you can return it inside of a year really helps. If you are a member, you already know about the 10% dividends and, if not, it is $20 for life and you get 20% off of the most expensive item on your first purchase. I paid for it the first use and got $50 back in dividends this year. I may have an REI addiction.