anyone tried the Garmont Tower Trek

Luked

WKR
talked to a guy pretty well known in the industry and he suggested a pair of the Garmont Tower Trek boots
had planned on Lowa Tibet GTX but thinking of going to the Garmont.
anyone tried the Garmont and what did you think of them

HeadnWest

WKR
I have not tried the Tibet, so I can't answer that. I did try the Trango Cubes right before the Tower Trek and it was not as stiff as the Cubes.

Wildlifer

Lil-Rokslider
I just order a pair to try. I have a new pair of tibets that are OK, keeping those until I find something better. I just returned a pair of Zamberlan 960s. Once I get the Garmots I'll let you know how they compare.

Wildlifer

Lil-Rokslider
How does the Tower Trek compare to Lowa Tibet stiffness wise? I'm looking for a boot with at least the stiffness as a tibet.

I just got the tower treks in today, a half size to small. A US sizing is apparently not as precise as EU sizing. The Tibets i am trying are a 10/43.5 and the garmont are 10/43. I don’t really think the tibets and the tower treks are comparable boots. Mainly in the fact that the tower treks seem to be a more athletic type boot with a mix of materials. The fit is more like a running shoe mixed with boots, lower volume, decently wide toe box and pretty comfortable right out of the box. Stiffness wise I don’t think they are quite as stiff as the Tibet’s but not by a lot. They are a lot lighter and the upper part of the boot is much more flexable which may make the sole seem more flexable? The Tibet’s are roomier, heavier, and don’t flex as much. First impressions would seem like the Tibet’s would be more durable since they are made of smooth leather for the entire boot while the tower treks use some stretch fabric for the tounge (really comfortable) and more fabric on the flex points,and suede leather. Those are only my first impressions as I can’t find any bad reviews on the tower treks. Once I get the right size in Ill see how the fit is and decide between the two. I’m still not sold on either one so I may be trying on a few more brands.

HeadnWest

WKR
^ ^^I tried a lot of different boots out the past few months until I found the Salewa Rapace. Great boot! Plus you can order them from Salewa and they have free shipping and free returns.

I have had my garmont tower trek gtx for a year and a half now. I work them in some steap country in Colorado during a 8 day archery elk hunt. I like them, really good ankle support compared to my ole pronghorns. I did put a set of super feet guide insoles and that helped with comfort factor. The medium stiffness works well for a variety of terrain in my opinion. They feet relatively light and Nible. The only thing I'm not a fan of are the laces, they a squishy and can slip over time. Easy fix though. Took a while yo break in but I would buy again.