Zamberlan 996 Voiz GTX?

cmorsch

FNG
What is everyones thoughts on the Zamberlan 996 GTX as a hunting boot for elk in Montana? Will this work or should I be looking for something else? Only reason I ask is my selection of backpacking boots I can find locally here in Texas is rather limited plus I need a 13W size and dont want to play guessing games ordering online. Thanks for you help.

What is everyones thoughts on the Zamberlan 996 GTX as a hunting boot for elk in Montana? Will this work or should I be looking for something else? Only reason I ask is my selection of backpacking boots I can find locally here in Texas is rather limited plus I need a 13W size and dont want to play guessing games ordering online. Thanks for you help.

Archery or rifle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair, I haven’t put them through the heavy duty paces yet but they are very comfortable and seem well made. They are slightly more flexible than a Lowa Ranger got reference.

As long as you don’t need insulation I wouldn’t hesitate to use the for an October hunt. I’ve worn un insulated boots in sub zero elk hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
I've had the 997 Trek Top GTX for about 18 months and have put many trouble free miles in the Colorado mountains on them. I have rolled my ankles so many times, I don't even get seen about it anymore. These provide enough support that I don't have to worry about that deep in the mountains. It's almost like having a brace built into the boot.

Trial153

WKR
I have the leopard 1013 which is basically the same boot in a brushed vs smooth finish. You will be fine. Plenty of support, fairly light weight and will be ok temp wise for most of elk season providing you moving around.