Tecnica boots exp anyone?

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
Just found these on line , sounds like they mold them to your feet for fully custom

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I saw them today and they look awesome. I have boats for feet so I couldn't try them on, but I might have to get them to get a pair in for me.

husky390

WKR
Bought a pair 4th of July 2018 and have left my Scarpa’s at home ever since. I have not had them molded to my feet as they were comfortable out of the box. I’m very happy with them and are planning to buy a second set.

Jqualls

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else with a review on these. I am headed to Denver next week and it looks like a couple shops in Denver carry them. I am in the market for some boots.

husky390

WKR
Anyone else with a review on these. I am headed to Denver next week and it looks like a couple shops in Denver carry them. I am in the market for some boots.

If you’re near Durango, go to Pine Needle Mountaineering. That’s where I bought mine and they said over the phone yesterday that they have them for $250. I’m planning to buy two more pairs this summer because it never fails that when I find something I like the manufacturer either changes or discontinues it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jqualls

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re near Durango, go to Pine Needle Mountaineering. That’s where I bought mine and they said over the phone yesterday that they have them for $250. I’m planning to buy two more pairs this summer because it never fails that when I find something I like the manufacturer either changes or discontinues it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. I am in Durango so I will be stopping by there tomorrow. Thanks

CLibka

Lil-Rokslider
So I had a less than stellar experience. Had these completely heat molded. everything felt good in the store, but on my FIRST training hike I started developing bilateral heel blisters and pain on the bottom of my foot. I believe they mis-sized me, but they aren't stiff enough for my taste and unless the fit is perfect out of the box the "customization" doesn't really do anything in my experience . I really wanted them to be the end all, but they were pretty worthless at the end of the day. Thankfully the shop took them back, but I don't think the small amount of heat molding really makes enough of a difference. Lastly, I don't think they really are made for what mountain hunting really puts boots through. I think they are more for the normal hiker, not the mountain hunter.

Jqualls

Lil-Rokslider
So I had a less than stellar experience. Had these completely heat molded. everything felt good in the store, but on my FIRST training hike I started developing bilateral heel blisters and pain on the bottom of my foot. I believe they mis-sized me, but they aren't stiff enough for my taste and unless the fit is perfect out of the box the "customization" doesn't really do anything in my experience . I really wanted them to be the end all, but they were pretty worthless at the end of the day. Thankfully the shop took them back, but I don't think the small amount of heat molding really makes enough of a difference. Lastly, I don't think they really are made for what mountain hunting really puts boots through. I think they are more for the normal hiker, not the mountain hunter.

I got to try them on in person today and I will give my impression of them. They seemed like a solid boot and fit my foot pretty well. I have a fairly wide toe box and higher volume foot and these seemed to fit pretty well. The toe box seemed to fit my feet well and the heal was solid. I dont expect the molding process to change the way the boot fits drastically so if the shape does not fit your foot or you size wrong it probably wont work for you. I didnt do any of the heat molding so have no idea how much that helps or does not help but I have molded multiple pairs of ski boots that they stole this idea from and always made a much better fitting ski boot. This Technica boot is at least in the top of the boots I tried on and will consider. The Crispi Thor surprised me and I really liked it. I thought it would be too stiff and clunky but it actually felt very nimble but would also last more then a season. I spend about 95% of my time hunting carrying 15-20lbs up and down the mountains I dont need a really stiff burly boot for that. Only 5% of my hunt is spent carrying 60-100lbs and I would have no reservation doing that with the Technica boot from what I saw in the store.

Just from holding the Technica boots I would say they are plenty boot for a "mountain hunter" with stable ankles/feet/ legs. That being said I would prefer to hunt and or backpack in a flexible day hiker then a stiff boot. We used to hunt in tennis or basketball shoes and never had a problem as a kid in those, my dad still hunts in a trail runner. My body and feet feel much better at the end of the day with something light and flexible. This Technica boot is maybe some middle ground between a day hiker and a full on stiff backpacking/hunting boot.

CLibka

Lil-Rokslider
I got to try them on in person today and I will give my impression of them. They seemed like a solid boot and fit my foot pretty well. I have a fairly wide toe box and higher volume foot and these seemed to fit pretty well. The toe box seemed to fit my feet well and the heal was solid. I dont expect the molding process to change the way the boot fits drastically so if the shape does not fit your foot or you size wrong it probably wont work for you. I didnt do any of the heat molding so have no idea how much that helps or does not help but I have molded multiple pairs of ski boots that they stole this idea from and always made a much better fitting ski boot. This Technica boot is at least in the top of the boots I tried on and will consider. The Crispi Thor surprised me and I really liked it. I thought it would be too stiff and clunky but it actually felt very nimble but would also last more then a season. I spend about 95% of my time hunting carrying 15-20lbs up and down the mountains I dont need a really stiff burly boot for that. Only 5% of my hunt is spent carrying 60-100lbs and I would have no reservation doing that with the Technica boot from what I saw in the store.

Just from holding the Technica boots I would say they are plenty boot for a "mountain hunter" with stable ankles/feet/ legs. That being said I would prefer to hunt and or backpack in a flexible day hiker then a stiff boot. We used to hunt in tennis or basketball shoes and never had a problem as a kid in those, my dad still hunts in a trail runner. My body and feet feel much better at the end of the day with something light and flexible. This Technica boot is maybe some middle ground between a day hiker and a full on stiff backpacking/hunting boot.
So, Since this was in reply to my post I will "re-reply" to you. I will just say that my experiences are merely an opinion and based on personal preferences. They shouldn't be misconstrued as applicable to anyone other than myself and my feet. I like a stiff boot under load because large amounts of flex require large amounts of energy to stabilize and make work. Again, personal preference, they didn't seem like an option for my feet. I still stand by the heat molding for my feet didn't do much, this could be attributable to a mis-fit by the shop. In the end I went with Crispi Briksdals last season and loved every step ... so I obviously like a stiffer boot. To each their own, and good luck out there!