Crispi Thor or Briskdal

I keep going back and forth between the Crispi Thor or Briskdal taking into account all the comments and the reviews by Tony and Jordan. I keep coming back to the Thor's because of the light weight. I really am looking for someone's opinion that has used both boots. I will be predominately using them for highcountry archery hunting, so insulated boots does not matter to me, but the better ankle support of the Briksdal is something to consider.

Adam

Brendan

WKR
I keep going back and forth between the Crispi Thor or Briskdal taking into account all the comments and the reviews by Tony and Jordan. I keep coming back to the Thor's because of the light weight. I really am looking for someone's opinion that has used both boots. I will be predominately using them for highcountry archery hunting, so insulated boots does not matter to me, but the better ankle support of the Briksdal is something to consider.

Adam
I have weak ankles, and while the Thor was "ok" in that sense, I did turn my ankle in them once last year. Fortunately not badly, but in my case I want something stiffer for Elk hunting. They are very comfortable otherwise, just depends what you like in a boot.

I had both, I tried the Briksdal took them out for a test hike and discovered that they were way to hot and my small toes pressed up against the side causing a bad hot spot. They are great boots but just didn't fit my foot. They are stiff which was nice for rocks and steep stuff. I loved how they held my heel and ankle in place. In the end I had to sell them. I just picked up a pair of Thor's and I am going to compare them to the wyoming when I can get a 12. The Thor is light and does not have the abss in them. I like Thor, my heel locks in and they are just stiff enough to balance hunting and packing. I wish they had the abss in them so before I make a final decision I am going to get a pair of wyoming's and compare. They have the same concept as the Thor. slightly less stiff but they have the abss (ankle bone support system). The Thor is stiff but not as stiff as the briksdal. I will end up choosing between the Thor and Wyoming.

OP
F
I had both, I tried the Briksdal took them out for a test hike and discovered that they were way to hot and my small toes pressed up against the side causing a bad hot spot. They are great boots but just didn't fit my foot. They are stiff which was nice for rocks and steep stuff. I loved how they held my heel and ankle in place. In the end I had to sell them. I just picked up a pair of Thor's and I am going to compare them to the wyoming when I can get a 12. The Thor is light and does not have the abss in them. I like Thor, my heel locks in and they are just stiff enough to balance hunting and packing. I wish they had the abss in them so before I make a final decision I am going to get a pair of wyoming's and compare. They have the same concept as the Thor. slightly less stiff but they have the abss (ankle bone support system). The Thor is stiff but not as stiff as the briksdal. I will end up choosing between the Thor and Wyoming.

Thanks for your detailed input. You mentioned that the Thor isn't as stiff as the Briksdal? On Crispi's website they list the Thor and Briksdal on the same stiffness rating of a 4. So, sounds like your personal experience is the Thor isn't as stiff.

Yes I know the thor is a 4 on the stiffness which is the same as the briksdal. I felt that the Thor was slightly less stiff than the briksdal. I like the Thor better due to that. I think that it may have something to do with the sole material plus the briksdal is leather so it seemed stiffer. I know I can get slightly more flex in the toe box area on the Thor vs the briksdal. Due to that I went with the Thor plus it still has the stiffness I need to climb. The Thor is also lighter than the briksdal which may add to it being less stiff. That said, the Thor is stiffer than my friends Idaho which is a 3 rating and I did compare the Thor to that as well for stiffness.

I have a pair if Briksdal GTX's. Although I have not carried a load while wearing them yet, I have 15 miles on them without any complaints.

I tried on a pair of Thor's in a store and felt they would not guve the support (ankle) that I wanted.

For high country hunting, and packing out a load downhill, I think you might be happier with the Briksdal's.

The problem I has is boney heals so I get blisters in stiff boots.
Any idea how stiff the briksdal is compared to a Tibet or scarpa

The standard briksdal is not as stiff lowa Tibet, the briksdal Sf is in that same range.