New Tibet GTX

Luked

WKR
been going back and forth on boots for a while and finally decided to give the Tibet GTX a try.
got them in the main a few days ago and today is day 2 wearing them.
so far I do really like them. I haven't got to really use them a ton other than just every day use. but so far I am liking them.
they are a lot stiffer than my last pair of boots which were Asolo Power Matics.
but so far I am liking the Tibets.
time will tell. I will be in Yellowstone the first part of sept so want to get them broken in good before we head there and do some hiking

slowelk

WKR
I just picked up a pair as well. So far just greased and been worn around the house and yard, but I like the feel. It will be my early season footwear as I like a stiff, supportive boot. The reviews that mention leakage have me a little nervous, but I plan to stay on top of the greasing storing them properly.

GotDraw?

WKR
@Luked

Before your next hike, get a sponge and totally soak the exterior boot leather with water, then lace up and start hiking. You will have to adjust your lacing tension a few times as the upper creases and conforms. This made all the difference in the fit of my Tibets.

Also, Tibets only have 4 eyelets below the ankle, this makes it difficult to tension the lowest part of the boot. I highly suggest aftermarket insoles, these will keep your foot from sliding forward on steep descents and they will allow you to back your lacing tension down just a smidge. I use SOLE Dean Karnazas heat moldable insoles, they can be re-formed up to 4x in your oven at home. Awesome insoles.

Best,

JL

been going back and forth on boots for a while and finally decided to give the Tibet GTX a try.
got them in the main a few days ago and today is day 2 wearing them.
so far I do really like them. I haven't got to really use them a ton other than just every day use. but so far I am liking them.
they are a lot stiffer than my last pair of boots which were Asolo Power Matics.
but so far I am liking the Tibets.
time will tell. I will be in Yellowstone the first part of sept so want to get them broken in good before we head there and do some hiking

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
been wearing the boots almost everyday since I got them.
so far I like the boots but the one thing I am starting to notice is it feels like on the left one the heel cup is almost too tight and feels like it is rubbing the side of my foot above the heel. I haven't noticed any hot spots but just feels odd. the right side dissent do this.
I'm hoping it will break in over time.
it is a little different to get used to how stiff they are but I have wore them as much as I can the last week or so.

Lawdwaz

FNG
I've had the Tibet's now for about a year and a half. 90% of my use is spring gobbler hunting, they took quite a while to break in but really feel great now. I have custom insoles and couldn't wear them without. They sure are stiff but I do like that and understand the need.

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Renegade GTX since I'm so happy with the Tibet's.

been wearing the boots almost everyday since I got them.
so far I like the boots but the one thing I am starting to notice is it feels like on the left one the heel cup is almost too tight and feels like it is rubbing the side of my foot above the heel. I haven't noticed any hot spots but just feels odd. the right side dissent do this.
I'm hoping it will break in over time.
it is a little different to get used to how stiff they are but I have wore them as much as I can the last week or so.

I have the same thing happening with the lowa renegades. The heel cup feels like it is much stiffer and digs into the top of my heel on the right boot and has seemed to get a bit worse as I've worn the boots. I've had the renegades for a year and about 100ish miles trying to break them in but the back right heel rub has not gone away. I do not feel this rubbing in my tibets or another pair of renegades in the same size I tried on at the store to see if it was just my boots.

Have had nothing but a great experience with my lowa tibets though and felt like they were broken in the minute I put them on my feet and had no heel rubbing. I'm wondering if we both have a defect with our one boot that is bugging us.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
I have the same thing happening with the lowa renegades. The heel cup feels like it is much stiffer and digs into the top of my heel on the right boot and has seemed to get a bit worse as I've worn the boots. I've had the renegades for a year and about 100ish miles trying to break them in but the back right heel rub has not gone away. I do not feel this rubbing in my tibets or another pair of renegades in the same size I tried on at the store to see if it was just my boots.

Have had nothing but a great experience with my lowa tibets though and felt like they were broken in the minute I put them on my feet and had no heel rubbing. I'm wondering if we both have a defect with our one boot that is bugging us.

I'm gonna give mine about another week or so and see if it is still doing it and if so I'm gonna return them and start over