Kenetrek Arch problems

The 2017 archery season was the first year I used Kenetrek boots. I really liked them; all the other boots I tried didn't stop the pain of plantar fasciitis but Kenetreks did. The only complaint I have is there is a lot of pressure on the arch of my foot when I've been walking for a while. It kind of feels like I'm standing on a metal bar, where all my weight is on my arch. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

Summit1

FNG
I had a similar issue with my hardscrambles, but just on my left foot. I called Kenetrek and they suggested I try one of their lower arch insoles in my left boot and offered to send me a pair at no charge. The new insole made a huge difference for me. I'd say to give Kenetrek a call and see what they have to say. Brad

JMF

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my kennetreks, but only after I put different insoles in them. I have the opposite problem as you, I have really high arches. I dealt with sore feet for a long time until I had my feet mapped and got the right insoles. I now have them in every pair of boots I own.

Lawnboi

WKR
Are you running the stock insole? Way way too much arch support for me, they didn't make it out the door before superfeet orange got put in them.

Shraggs

WKR
I agree the kenetreks have a strong arch in the bottom and the thin supplied insole is very thin. I tried many insoles, which is what your may need to do - but the two best for me are the: custom mold from superfeet (they are forest green in color), and new balance has a great line of premium insoles. Very expensive but with it for me. They have a flat footed version that is the best. But they have many contours to choose from.

Tried over a dozen types. I think the reason these two worked for me, is they did not have a rigid plastic bottom, they were soft. And that worked better in the stiff mountaineering boots. Fwiw.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I had a similar issue with my hardscrambles, but just on my left foot. I called Kenetrek and they suggested I try one of their lower arch insoles in my left boot and offered to send me a pair at no charge. The new insole made a huge difference for me. I'd say to give Kenetrek a call and see what they have to say. Brad

I didn’t read all the posts, but when I saw this one, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Give them a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk