Crispi Thor gtx

Looking at getting some new boots and wondering if anyone here has the Crispi Thor Gtx boots. Do you Like them, hate them. Do the run true to size? Was going to go with the kenetrek mountain extremes but they just don’t fit in the budget. Any other recommendations are welcome

Thanks
Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
I have a pair. They fit true to size and I like them. Very comfortable and lightweight.

I just spent a week in mine. Yellowstone and the Tetons. Mix of back and front country. Sightseeing, backpacking and day hiking for about 60 miles.

I like them. Very light. No leaks. Waterproof to ankle but not above. Comfy right out of the box and next to no breakin. They have a fairly stiff sole. The upper is less supportive though. Not a bad thing. Actually quite good for a hunting boot where you could end up hauling a big load and want rigidity in the sole. However, you are going to have to lace them very thoughtfully to get a lot of ankle support out of the upper.

Only gripe so far is that the foot opening is narrow and I have to tug a bit to get them on.

I noticed my hiking partner was shucking his boots for tennis shoes as soon as we got back to the car but I wore them nearly all week.

They are not heavy, heavy duty boots but I would say they are a win and if they prove durable enough could supplant my asolo fugitives as my go to mid weight hikers and early season hunting boots.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Order your size, they run true.

I agree with the others above and will add that it is proving much more durable than I expected.

Brendan

WKR
Good lightweight boot for early season, comfy with pretty much zero break in. As above - not very stiff in the ankle. I have a weak right ankle and I've turned my ankle in them an handful of times while wearing these laced tight, even without a heavy load on my back. Not great for snow, but that's not what they're designed for. Don't like the lacing at the ankle - I have to use some sort of a lock knot because otherwise I feel like I need a 3rd hand to get them tight. Durability - so / so. Mine haven't failed but I am starting to get some tearing in the stitching where I tighten them and I haven't put the miles on them like some.

I like mine, going to use them for september archery in Colorado. My heel locks in nicely, they are light and have the right amount of stiffness. I am not a fan of the loop attachment which helps lock in the heel and would prefer a hook but I have lacing theses up down to a science now. Perfect elk boot for September.

Kotaman

WKR
I picked up a pair last week and agree with many of the above comments. I went up a 1/2 size to get a little more width and to keep my toes from hitting the ends going downhill. They are about as nice a "light weight" hiker as I've owned. I prefer them over Salomon 4D's. I don't love the way they lace, but its not a deal breaker. I like a little more boot for sheep and goats, but for everything else, these should be perfect.

Lpmeyer1

FNG
I'm a couple of weeks into the Thor's. Over all I like them,as they seem to be a solid built boot. It was a bit of a change for me to go from a Keen style boot to a stiffer sole, but I think my feet will be happier in long run. I would plan on adding a new insole, as the ones that come with them are junk. Good luck and don't think you can go wrong with Crispi.

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
Good lightweight boot for early season, comfy with pretty much zero break in. As above - not very stiff in the ankle. I have a weak right ankle and I've turned my ankle in them an handful of times while wearing these laced tight, even without a heavy load on my back. Not great for snow, but that's not what they're designed for. Don't like the lacing at the ankle - I have to use some sort of a lock knot because otherwise I feel like I need a 3rd hand to get them tight. Durability - so / so. Mine haven't failed but I am starting to get some tearing in the stitching where I tighten them and I haven't put the miles on them like some.

Pretty much sums up what I'd say about them. I'll use for summer hikes with packs less then 50lbs but very little ankle support. I ended up getting some way stiffer boots with great ankle support for my sheep hunts this yr.