Just got a warranty refund from GoreTex from my Trango Cube GTX's - What's Next?

ndbuck09

WKR
I had a terrible time with my La Sportiva Trango Cube GTX's leaking literally from the day I got them. I toughed it out through last fall but finally called them in this spring when my feet were soaked from intermittent snow patches with gaiters on. Anyway, I'm getting my refund from Gore Tex. So now I need to figure out what's next.

What are people experiences with Outdry vs Goretex? I know how Outdry is applied against the outer of the boot but in one of the posts on the recent Charmoz thread, there was a comment about how an Outdry boot wouldn't dry out at the end of a hot sweaty day?

Who has a boot that is really stiff and absolutely doesn't leak in rain and snow???

Hey, I literally just went though this EXACT situation. Leaking Trango Cubes, sent in to Gore and they agreed to replace. They wanted to send me the same boots, however I asked for the opportunity to have a different boot sent out. I had them send me a pair of Crispi Briksdals. I received them the other day, and though the fit wasnt quite right, I was impressed with the boot.
It definitely has better ankle support than the Cubes. The technical specs of the Crispi make it seem that it will remain waterproof longer than the Cubes. This has yet to be seen by myself. I sent the Briksdals back to Crispi and they are sending me a half size up and the new Briksdal SF's. I can update when I receive it if you like. I will be testing it right away in the alpine, mud and snow here in Alaska.

Ronb

WKR
How long was the process with gore? Was it a pain. My 3year old scarpas leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would give the L&S mountain hunter elites a look. I think they have e-vent if I remember correctly. I have the trango cubes as well, with no issues, but the L&S boot with their footbed is a superior boot in my opinion.

OP
ndbuck09

ndbuck09

WKR
Thanks for the replies guys. The process with La Sportiva and Gore wasn't terrible. Had to fill out some information and pics, then they looked at it and asked to have the boots so I sent them in and once they got to Gore, it took about a week and they sent me an email stating that they were going to refund my purchase total for the boots. I'm not sure what their warranty period is but I know La Sportiva's is 2 years.

My wife has the womens Trango Cubes and they also leak. My brother has them too and he's on his second pair from being warrantied last fall but they also leak on him. Not sure what's going on but I think there's some deficiencies with how their sewn.

OP
ndbuck09

ndbuck09

WKR
I would give the L&S mountain hunter elites a look. I think they have e-vent if I remember correctly. I have the trango cubes as well, with no issues, but the L&S boot with their footbed is a superior boot in my opinion.

So are the LS Mountain Hunter elites pretty similiar foot volume wise to the trango cube's? I have a narrow low volume foot that works awesome with the euro fit of La Sportiva's and I've been eyeing the L&S and Schnee's in addition to the Scarpa Rebel K's. I'm just concerned that the Schnee's and L&S might be a wider, more high volume last than a La Sportiva or Scarpa...

I prefer outdry 10 to 1 over Goretex unfortunately new gronells/schnees don’t fit me well, so it back to Gore in my boots.

All my tennis shoes and old gronells are out dry and my feet sweat less and don’t retain near as much water from dew etc.