Crispi Summit vs. Valdres????

Jumpalot

FNG
Crispi Summit vs. Valdres???? Ended up with Dakotas

I'm stuck trying to decide between these two. They're not going to be used much for packing anything out. Mostly hunting antelope and deer, scouting and just screwing off in the mountains. I "think" I'd like the all leather boot to protect against rocks and cactus, but I've never had an all leather boot before. Not sure on the EVA vs. PU midsole.
Pros and cons of both?
Anyhow, this will be the most I've ever spent on a pair of boots, so any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
Jumpalot

Jumpalot

FNG
Anyone? I've found a few reviews on the Summit but not much on the Valdres.
Thanks for any help.

klejeski

Lil-Rokslider
If it helps make a decision Black i is has the summit on a good sale price for Father’s Day just ordered a pair to try

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I cannot say anything about the summits because I have not used or seen them in person but the valdres are very confortable and I like the full tabs they have. Going to try them out in Colorado this September so I can tell you more after the true test

OP
Jumpalot

Jumpalot

FNG
Thanks. I ended up calling Black Ovis yesterday and talking with them. We decided the leather boot was probably a better choice because of the brush and cactus I hunt in. But the Valdres supposedly runs a little narrow and I have a 4E foot so that wasn't an option. Ended up going a different route then I originally planned and bought the Dakotas. Should be here Monday. We'll see....

Idahoboy

FNG
Report back on the Dakotas, i am debating between the 3 off them. Can't find much on any of them

OP
Jumpalot

Jumpalot

FNG
The boots came in early. Hard for me to judge as I don't own anything else like these. I have some Lowa Renegades but they seem like a tennis shoe compared to these. This is a pretty substantial boot while still being pretty light for what they are. They are way stiffer then anything else I have.
Fit wise, they are different then any other boot I've had. I have a 4E width and these are plenty wide for my foot. Plenty of volume too. I put my thicker orthotics in and there is plenty of room. Not going to wear them outside for a while so I can send them back if needed. But walking around the house, they are very comfortable. I'll report back when I have more experience with them.

OP
Jumpalot

Jumpalot

FNG
Quick update: After wearing them around for a several hours, the boots are starting to put pressure on the top of my foot right where my toes attach to my foot, right where the boot flexes when you walk. I'm wondering if they are a little big. I'll call Black Ovis tomorrow to see what they say but will probably end up sending them back to try either a different boot or different size or both.

Last edited: