Replacement ultralight camp shoes

idig4au

WKR
Typical, I went to go replace my Cushe M's backpack camp shoes that are falling apart and of course they are out of business and no longer available.

Any recommendation on a replacement similar to the Cushe M's that are lightweight?

The hounds I see people recommending on here might be okay, but I typically don't need a camp shoe for crossing rivers.

Thanks

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exped makes a camp shoe I haven't tried it personally though I have looked at them. I'm using hounds currently

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Love my hounds. Dirt cheap, very lightweight, good cushion in sole, ventilated to air your feet out but not cold like flip flops, great after a long day of hiking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KH_bowfly

Lil-Rokslider
I use Crocs. I’ve had the same pair for about 12 years now and need to replace them. I like the Crocs for creek crossings and backcountry wet wading for fishing. They’re good around camp and with the bar that you can slide behind your heel they stay on better for walking. There are lighter options out there, though. I’m going to explore different options before replacing mine.

JFKinYK

Lil-Rokslider

Mac7

WKR
Have used Crocs for a long time. Can't stand flip flops or anything with exposed toes. Going to look at some of the suggestions.

I cut the backs off of mine so I could easily slip my feet in and out and also cut the top of the toes out for better venting.
These also double as a kick azz fire starter!

I’ve been using Walmart crocs for camp. Really cheap and much lighter than the real crocs, they weigh just slightly more tan air and are very comfy.

The exped camp slipper is really nice when you take your boots off at the end of the day. Way warmer than a flip flop or croc

If you find something lighter, but yet still as comfortable as these, and cost less than $10, please let me know.
adb2d64a8c9132bff79b3c709ad477dc.jpg

MIKEYB

WKR
I have been more than happy with my dawgs/hounds. Like said above, hard to beat cost and weight. I like them more than my crocs as I always seem to twist my ankle in crocs. I also prefer the full back protection on the hounds over crocs.

Have always wanted to try these vivo’s, but could never get myself to drop the coin and they have been difficult to find on a discount.

Ultra 3 Mens

I believe I have seen syd run these on one of his threads.

MIKEYB

WKR
If you find something lighter, but yet still as comfortable as these, and cost less than $10, please let me know.
adb2d64a8c9132bff79b3c709ad477dc.jpg

Looking at the bottom of yours I’d say the pair I have might be lighter by an oz. lots of use around the house. They are Mexican slicks now. Time for another pair!