Pressure on foot where boots flex

Jumpalot

FNG
I just received a new pair of boots and they were comfortable to begin with. I'm getting pressure on the tops of my toes right where they attach to the foot, right where the boot flexes. I also have a different pair of boots that do the same thing, that's why I ordered the new pair. Is this a fit issue? Too big?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

wapitibob

WKR
Might be a volume issue from foot beds. Be careful, there's a nerve that runs down your big toe and repeated compression can numb that toe for months.

OP
Jumpalot

Jumpalot

FNG
Might be a volume issue from foot beds. Be careful, there's a nerve that runs down your big toe and repeated compression can numb that toe for months.
Are you talking too much or too little volume? These boots are looser even with my thicker orthotics in them.

bmart2622

WKR
I'd be interested in some info on this as well. I just got a pair of Schnees that felt great in the store but wearing them at home they are doing the exact thing mentioned here.

OP
Jumpalot

Jumpalot

FNG
I've laced them loose, I've unlaced them and then skipped the bottom eyelets and nothing seems to work.

I am curious to see if any answers pop up here. I had the same problem with 2 different pairs of Schnees can't remember which foot it was. I tried lacing them up all sorts of ways with no luck and ended up sending them both back. Man I tell ya its a pain in the ass looking for good boots when the only way to try boots is to buy them online and hope for the best. Not to hijack the thread but I had a different kind of issue with some Crispi's, they felt great but when I would lunged with them my big toes would butt up against the front of the boot. Ended up sending those back too.