Is this normal for Crispi's

OP
mj23polaris
Called earlier and they haven't gotten to them yet. Said they would get back to me today or tomorrow, they will get to them for sure tomorrow it sounds like because they are getting ready for a show.......

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
mj23polaris
Well they pulled through got a tracking number for a new pair they are on there way

Wildlifer

Lil-Rokslider
good to hear! They also got back with me. Sent me an RMA to send to boots to their cobbler and also gave me the option to take it some place local. I went the local option and they said its not to the point of fixing yet. I am still a little disappointed that the rand pulled away like that with so few miles on them. Side note, I wanted to make sure the waterproofing I used would not make it worse and asked if I needed to use theirs or the Grangers I already have. They pretty much said as long as it's not animal fat based it should be fine.

OP
mj23polaris
i had 3 or 4 pair of wyoming's do that (all were warrantied), i finally upgraded to the nevada's and glad i did in the end.
Hmm wonder if it's the we walk? Is it a design flaw? Maybe the vertical strips should be re arranged so that might not be able to happen? Bad batch of shoes? This can't happen to every single pair?

I'm sorta on the fence now about getting a pair of wild rocks for when snow is on the ground and temps drop.

cvsetter

FNG
I must be one of the lucky ones.picked up a pair this march on black ovis sale and put a lot of miles on them and are holding up great.wish I would of went with the higher Idaho's though.

Hmm wonder if it's the we walk? Is it a design flaw? Maybe the vertical strips should be re arranged so that might not be able to happen? Bad batch of shoes? This can't happen to every single pair?

I'm sorta on the fence now about getting a pair of wild rocks for when snow is on the ground and temps drop.

Honestly I think it’s a design issue. Certainly some folks haven’t seen any problem but mine did this within 20 miles(!).

I will say my second* pair of Guides (similar to the Wild Rock) have been solid and have a simple and robust design. I think the Nevada’s, Guides, WR would all be good choices, but might heavier than the WY or IDs
*My first pair went back after they showed up missing a lace hook on one of the boots. Black Ovis has been great to deal with each time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MtnMuley

WKR
I had the exact same thing happen to a pair of Idaho's I bought last fall. About 60 miles on them
Called Crispi and they said to send them as soon as I could. They sent me an email with a prepaid shipping label. Sent the boots off to the address they said. A week later my boots came back looking like new. Very impressed. Couldn't ask for better customer service. Exactly the opposite I've faced 3 times with Kenetrek. Pay my own shipping, take months, cost money most of the time. Gonna be hard for me to ever buy another pair of Kenetreks and it would be my 7th pair.

Not really sure, they were great to work with!! They thought maybe the wrong size so we tried different sizes and widths. Either way I'm very happy with the Nevada's and for some reason my feet are cooler in the Nevada's then they ever were in the Wyoming's. They have be a great company to work with and I'll be a customer of theirs for a long time!

GPool1842

WKR
I think design issue too. The 2018 version of the Thor removed that lower horizontal run that is separating. They removed that lower horizontal run from the first two “triangles” of that material.

These may benefit from the same upgrade.

Honestly I think it’s a design issue. Certainly some folks haven’t seen any problem but mine did this within 20 miles(!).

I will say my second* pair of Guides (similar to the Wild Rock) have been solid and have a simple and robust design. I think the Nevada’s, Guides, WR would all be good choices, but might heavier than the WY or IDs
*My first pair went back after they showed up missing a lace hook on one of the boots. Black Ovis has been great to deal with each time.

I have the Crispi Hunter GTX which is basically the same as the Guide but 2" taller. They have held together, and the rand still looks prefect. I only use the Crispi waterproofing boot cream on them.

Last edited:

WJS23

WKR
I have had my gen 1 Thor’s for 5 months now and have almost 100 miles on them with no problems I think you might have got a lemon

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I guess I’ll roll the dice and go on with my plan to get the crispi guides. I’m looking for excellent ankle support but don’t really need the stiffest mountain boot right now. I’m

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess I’ll roll the dice and go on with my plan to get the crispi guides. I’m looking for excellent ankle support but don’t really need the stiffest mountain boot right now. I’m

Before you do that, roll into Barney's and try on the Crispi Briksdal SF. Just picked up a pair and really like them so far.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Before you do that, roll into Barney's and try on the Crispi Briksdal SF. Just picked up a pair and really like them so far.

Yeah I’ll see if there’s anything else I need to buy that I can get at barneys, I want to order from black ovis since I can get 10% off and free shipping, I like they guys at Barney’s so I feel bad about going in there just to try stuff on and buy elsewhere. No guilt about doing that at Sportsman’s warehouse or cabelas but Barney’s is a small business. I suppose it’s only 45 bucks or so I’d save buying online.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I’ll see if there’s anything else I need to buy that I can get at barneys, I want to order from black ovis since I can get 10% off and free shipping, I like they guys at Barney’s so I feel bad about going in there just to try stuff on and buy elsewhere. No guilt about doing that at Sportsman’s warehouse or cabelas but Barney’s is a small business. I suppose it’s only 45 bucks or so I’d save buying online.

They had a store wide sale going on 5% off the boots IIRC when I bought mine. I saw the Ovis sale but for me not knowing what exact size I needed it was worth an extra 5%.

OP
mj23polaris
Welp got my new ones in the mail, seem to be updated especially we're I had the issues with some new stitching and materials added
76ee75774c8da22f82c78a6583cf1898.jpg
32278db5facd936901e8aa817e970a2e.jpg

OP
mj23polaris
First initial thoughts are they seem a little stiffer than the last pair out of the box, not complaining I kinda hope once "broke in" they have a little more stiffness to them then last pair.

Ordered a pair of Briksdal GTX's from Scheels. When they arrived, one stitch toward the front on the outside showed to be pulled out, a manufacturing flaw. Called up Scheels and they had a new pair shipped before I got home to ship off the other pair with a shipping label they generated. New ones should be here Monday.

Very comfortable to say the least.

Jay03

WKR
Wow. I was considering Crispi. I guess I'll stick with Lowa.

I made the jump to Crispi's, I'll be making the jump back to Lowa's. The Crispi's are comfortable but they are not the boots that Lowa's are. Definitely a difference in build quality. Lowa's have much better tech in the lacing systems as well. Just my experience anyway.