Is this normal for Crispi's

Crispi Wyomings Got em memorial day weekend, have wore em a few times around town and every weekend since I got them backpacking and bear hunting. So today wile getting some water on a ascent to were I am now with service. I noticed the rubber bottom is separating from the gortex were my foot flexes. I've had UA and danner boots in past and they did same thing but not this quickly. I mean I've put some hard miles on these boots sooooooo.

Is this normal? Is my waterproofness compromised? First pair of high end boots for me so i kinda wasn't expecting this.
7b7f92d944031382cb569227a0c2de47.jpg
f384d8d78cb00a938528353f5dee823a.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bmart2622

WKR
Ive seen that several times with the Wyoming and Idahos. It shouldn't effect the waterproofing on the boot.

amassi

WKR
Probably void any applicable warranty or retread program but can keep your feet dry on a hunt
7dc40c3535b5c31bd8a80220273161dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

marktole

WKR
My buddy's Idahos did that in well less than a year, something I wouldn't think that a $390 pair of boots would be doing in that time span.

I also had a pair of the uninsulated Nevadas that the rand started to peel on in just a few months of hard use. The leather got really hard and started to crack as well, maybe they needed some more TLC with some boot cream. Luckily Crispi replaced them under warranty for me.

bmart2622

WKR
I returned 2 pairs of Crispis both inside of a couple months due to warranty issues, to the point where I dont trust them anymore, which sucks because they are comfortable

HeadnWest

WKR
I would send them back. For the money you paid for them, you shouldn't expect to compromise at all on quality.

Wildlifer

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting, I just sent them an email about a pair of Nevada’s that have under 10 miles on them and the rand is JUST start to pull apart at the flex point.

OP
mj23polaris
Yea I'll get em a email here in a little bit they were really good about responding to my emails asking about getting a pair of winter boots. We will see hope it's just a fluke really like the boots.

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
Wow. I was considering Crispi. I guess I'll stick with Lowa.

OP
mj23polaris
They are gonna warranty them got email back today with a form. Once they get them they said I will get a new pair back.

Wildlifer

Lil-Rokslider
They are gonna warranty them got email back today with a form. Once they get them they said I will get a new pair back.

That's good. I have have not gotten an email back from them yet about the rand issue.

OP
mj23polaris
That's good. I have have not gotten an email back from them yet about the rand issue.
Dam that sucks man like I've said I've gotten lucky on this and inquiring about other boots from them. We will see how next set goes.

bmart2622

WKR
Thats all well and good that they warranty them and I has zero issues returning my 2 pairs but thats not the point. That warranty doesn't help when you have a failure in the middle of a hunt.

OP
mj23polaris
Thats all well and good that they warranty them and I has zero issues returning my 2 pairs but thats not the point. That warranty doesn't help when you have a failure in the middle of a hunt.
Yea I get what your saying I have time to try these out before September. I'm literally in the mountains 2-3 days a week so hey will be broken in quickly. if they fail like this again I'm gonna jump on the schnee band wagon.

OP
mj23polaris
They got them on Thursday according to USPS didn't get to them yesterday I'm first on list for next week. A human answered my phone call yesterday morning and they did get back to me like they said via email in the afternoon.

Probably keep this updated so others may be able to reference for Crispi warranty experiences.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I returned 2 pairs of Crispis both inside of a couple months due to warranty issues, to the point where I dont trust them anymore, which sucks because they are comfortable

Which models and for what reasons??? I’m curious because I’m about to get new boots and the crispi guide is near the top of my list.

Other options ar the schnees beartooth 2 and the lowa hunter evo gtx/Tibet high.

bmart2622

WKR
The first pair was the Idaho, which sucks because they were by far the most comfortable boot right out of the box Ive ever tried. They started to make a weird crease where the black rand met the leather and it rubbed on my foot. The other pair was the Nevada and the leather started to bulge out in a weird spot and the rand was coming off

My Wyoming's did the same thing within 20 miles. Also the 'wrap tech' plastic had cracked in several places during that same time. The boots were comfortable for sure, but I think that design is weak and could stand some improvements.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The first pair was the Idaho, which sucks because they were by far the most comfortable boot right out of the box Ive ever tried. They started to make a weird crease where the black rand met the leather and it rubbed on my foot. The other pair was the Nevada and the leather started to bulge out in a weird spot and the rand was coming off

Interesting hmmm. That’s a bummer though, I really wanted crispis, the guide was my #1 choice.