First bird Hunting excursion of the season

Burke

FNG
Well its almost time to hit the hills in earnest...as soon as the moose hunters clear out. In the meantime I was invited to visit and hunt with a friend in Delta area for grouse. It has been too long since I hunted that neck of the woods...Coal and Lil' Joe both had firsts; first sharptails (both), first ruffed grouse (Coal's first - Joe blew an opportunity for ruffed, but they were not holding for long) and i think it was Lil' Joe's first pointed spruce grouse. Lil' Joe had the bad luck of the draw most times. His rotation didn't produce as many birds as did Coal's...but that is the way it sometimes. Coal has some work to do on her searching / ground coverage, but she is young. All in all it was a very good trip... and...we got a few birds!

Coal's first ruffed

A good run

Lil' Joes first spruce hen

All in all great day

A buddy and I are flying out this weekend for a little cast & Blast (ptarmigan, silver salmon & char). Pretty excited about the prospects of that!
Good luck all and have some canine fun!

160andup

Lil-Rokslider
Very nice. Still 13 days away from from the opener here. Can't wait to get out after some pheasants.

That's a nice bunch of birds and Couple of good looking dogs you've got there. Love Brittany's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk