Colo limited draw gobblers

Jimss

WKR
I've have a pretty decent spot to hunt Colo OTC turkeys. It has taken a lot of time and effort to find such a spot away from the crowds where there is a decent density of gobblers. I have a few pref pts saved up and am trying to narrow down choices for a tom in a limited unit. It seems like most of the limited turkey units in Colo have a fairly low density of turkeys. I have a feeling the winters are either tough or the CPW is trying to establish turkeys in those units....so is keeping hunter numbers to a minimum. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for limited units? I would prefer to stay away from the South Platte corridor because it is similar to what I hunt in Nebraska. It would be fun hunting merriams in the mountains. If anyone has any suggestions please send me a text or reply to this post. Thanks!

OP
J

Jimss

WKR
Mum is the word to all the secret limited Colo turkey spots...or they are just not that much better than OTC units! I don't blame you guys! That's exactly how I am with some of my special hunting locations!

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
That's a good question, they only time I have bumped mountain birds is when I am hiking in the summer, then they are long gone by fall. I just go to Nebraska to hunt. South Platte units are drawing out at 4/5+ points which seems pretty high for Turkey

The limited units I'm familiar with are like you said, low density and not well established - they're limited for biological reasons and not to create a quality hunting area. I drew one a few years ago and should draw again this year. I might tell you my LE spot if you tell me your OTC spot and how many turkey preference points you have LOL

I put in for a limited mountain unit with two points. I figured it couldn't be any worse than the OTC spots I've found so far. I wanted to hunt the first split on the Platte river but I was several points out and didn't care to wait.

I feel like needing points for turkeys is retarded. It's easier and better hunting to just go to Nebraska or Kansas.