Spring Gobbler roundup

Reload

Lil-Rokslider
Hello from Illinois! Thought I'd start a thread about where everyone is heading this spring. We're fortunate here to get three tags in Illinois for the spring. The second week in April we're heading back to Texas and Oklahoma. If the wife will give me another foot of rope to hang myself with, maybe Kansas and Missouri. Let's here about your spring plans!

FlyGuy

WKR
Rio's here in TX in a few weeks. Took my 1st gobbler last year, this year I want to do it with a bow

No out of state plans for turkey, I'm pushing my luck at home as it is already!

I had a great season last spring, taking five gobblers in three states. All with the shotgun.

This year, I'll probably have two tags in Colorado and probably two more in Nebraska. My girlfriend is acting like she might want to chase one around too. I'll probably try to get one in Nebraska with the bow.

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing set in stone yet but I'm looking to go to Nebraska and south Dakota with the bow I'm thinking. Really want to get my first Mirriam.

OP
R

Reload

Lil-Rokslider
Can beat hunting with your kids Mark, good to hear! Rios or Merriams in California?

topher89

WKR
Colorado for me. Grad school + a full time teaching job= no time for scouting. I have been wanting to find a great Merriam's spot but it is not in the cards this year. Instead I will hit up the same spot out East for Rio's that I have been the last 3 years.

boom

WKR
RIOS in California.

i am going to my usual spot near Yosemite. i am worried about our apocalyptic level of rain..but at least the birds wont be thirsty. i might just start spraying my ground blind with waterproofing stuff now.

hobbes

WKR
I grew up and lived in IL up until 2006. I hunted Shawnee NF for the most part from 90 until 06. I still make it back home occasionally in the spring to hunt easterns but not this year. I made it back every spring the first five years from Co, but it's an awful long trip from MT now.

I'm always planning on visiting a couple states, but it doesn't always work out. I've been trying to plan a hunt in CA with my oldest son during late March with the shotgun and hook up a little later with a buddy from CO in the SD Blackhills for a bowhunt, but it's looking like neither are going to work out for me this year. If any out of state hunt works out it will be a late May hunt in Nebraska because anytime I do that hunt it's with all three kids and the wife.

More than likely I'll stay in Montana, but that still gives me quite a bit of opportunity to hunt multiple regions of Montana in very different terrain types (ponderosa covered hills, cottonwoods, mountains). Both of my teenage boys will hunt with me, and my wife and daughter may get hunts in also.

rbljack

WKR
Im really hoping to make a trip 5 hrs west to NM and hunt the mountains this year for turkey and sheds simultaneously!!

Gorp2007

WKR
I've got a tag for the Black Hills this year, so I'm going to try out turkey hunting for the very first time. Now I just need to find some calls, get the shotgun patterned, and figure out what the hell I'm doing!

Shoreman

FNG
Hoping to hit the Front Range in CO for Merriam's this Spring and then also likely a couple spots in KS. Brand new to CO so it should be an adventure.

RCL

WKR
Bowhunt in Oklahoma.
Will be working in some great locations and should be able to squeeze in some hunt time.