Spring Gobbler roundup

griffinit

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a tag for the Black Hills this year, so I'm going to try out turkey hunting for the very first time. Now I just need to find some calls, get the shotgun patterned, and figure out what the hell I'm doing!

Good Luck, Hunting Turks for the first time!

I'll be in Utah hunting turkeys.

Staying near the house for spring turkey. I chased them with no luck in the fall, so hopefully I can get in close to get one.

Broomd

WKR
My place is sick with them....came out of the shop this morning to this longbeard.

Dfyc19o.jpg

Tom #1, 2017.jpg after having to watch my buddies run the score up on me 2 & 3 to nothing while I was at work all week, I finally got on the board yesterday at 16:00 with my first Tom of the year. headed to Nebraska & Kansas this Friday. hopefully that goes well View attachment 49077

Last edited:

cfdjay

WKR
Headed to Nebraska for my second time on National Forest for archery Merriams. Gonna pitch the Sawtooth and hit the pines!!!

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
Just hunting easterns around home in WV. I have 2 tags and would like to get one with the bow this year. Our season opens April 17th. I have been seeing a lot of strutting and hearing some gobbling the last couple weeks.

bradb

WKR
Started this weekend here in WI for me. Our group had a learn to hunt, shot 21 birds for 32 hunters.
Of to ks Friday, then just back to WI for me this year

West Kentucky for my family and if I tag my two may jump over to Ft. Campbell time permitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to chase'em in MN with a bow this year, so I get the entire 7 weeks. Only 1 tag in MN

I'll also head to Missouri for the first time this year. Usually I do Kansas for a week. trying something new.

back to finish MN and sometimes I hit WI.

Good luck all !

Scottyboy

WKR
we drew 501 B season. we are starting a little north of rochester the first 2 days, and if that doesnt pan out, we are hoping some of our landowners that we have asked will give us permission. hoping to not need to hunt the F season

boom

WKR

i want to do a turkey mount just like that!! my wife freaks at the cost, and i cant figure out the logistics..

how the hell do you get a bird as pristine as possible to a taxidermist if you're hunting the boonies?

bradb

WKR
They travel better then you think. Otherwise just skin the full bird for a mount and it will be much easier to pack. Not at all hard to do and you can either fold the fan in or actually remove it.

OP
R

Reload

Lil-Rokslider
Just wrapped up our Texas/Oklahoma turkey hunt. Had a ball with a good friend and we're fortunate to kill 14 turkeys in the last 6 days. Good luck to those in pursuit! Spring never lasts long enough

bradb

WKR
Had a great hunt in ks again, 3 of us filed up. Took it tone and spread the hunt out passing on a couple double. Got out for opening day here in wi and killed my best spurred bird ever. 1 5/8 and 1 3/4, I was shocked. Weighed 25 with 10.25 beard20170419_075705.jpg

Last edited: