Dog training videos and books to help

pointer26

Lil-Rokslider
If you need help. I have a few videos and books to lend out. All I would ask off you is to pay shipping and take care of the videos/books. Let me know if you need help

books

Joan Bailey How to have the best trained gun dog and how to help gun dogs train them selfs

Training with Mo -- How Maurice Lindley Trains Pointing Dogs

Scott Linden What the Dogs Taught Me

Videos

Training Setters and Continental Breeds with Sherry Ray Ebert

George Hickox training pointing dogs vol 1 2 3 4

Gun dog Richard wolters

Silent command Hunt Smith

Gun dog the new complete pointing dog training.

Videos I am working to get at a later date

Hunt smith puppy development 1 and 2 and silent command vol 2

Perfect start and finish

George Hicox training the upland retreiver

Gun dog top dog 1 and 2

Gun dog training spaniels

Thank you
P

JPD350

WKR
I could use some things to read or watch about pointers.

Attachments

• 20170307_110718.jpg
    20170307_110718.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 14
OP
pointer26

pointer26

Lil-Rokslider
what would you like what do you need help with ?

JPD350

WKR
This guy is 17 wks, I have had him for two wks and when he is 7 months he will go to a trainer for two months (the training came with the dog but the dog was not the trainers) I messaged the guy and he basically told me just to "[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Take him on walks by his self. Let him be independent but at the same time he needs to listen. Please do not teach sit yet it leads to bad issues later. Focus on HERE. IF you can get him on a dead bird that would be great as well as exposed to gun fire if you can would help out a lot"[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] In my mind I have done pretty good so far but I have lots to learn, I've been socializing the heck out of him, working on Here, started on Whoa instead of sit. Also trying to teach the difference of taking a walk "Heeling" and getting to have fun on a 20' check cord in areas where birds are. That's where I am now, basically I am just winging it from reading every article or video that I can find and am trying not to do the wrong thing, so I am not sure exactly what I need except to keep on reading, learning and trying to incorporate some good techniques. What ever things you think I could use would work for me, you have a lot of stuff!!

I have been thinking that I need to start some sort of whistle to correlate with the Here command so that I don't have to yell for him to come in.

JP
[/FONT]

OP
pointer26

pointer26

Lil-Rokslider
send me a pm with your address and I would send you some material.