Chukar Training Scent?

Does anyone have a good line on chukar training scents? It seems like the closest thing I can find is grouse or pheasant without going to an actual wing. Don't mind giving my pup wings, but he tends to run off with them to chew rather than play or retrieve. Does anyone have a good alternative? Or for that matter, does it really matter as long as he's got something that smells like birds on his toys?

Thanks.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone have a good line on chukar training scents? It seems like the closest thing I can find is grouse or pheasant without going to an actual wing. Don't mind giving my pup wings, but he tends to run off with them to chew rather than play or retrieve. Does anyone have a good alternative? Or for that matter, does it really matter as long as he's got something that smells like birds on his toys?

Thanks.
My German shorthair is 5 months old and the breeder I got him from also helps me train him since we live close. He has me training with live quail. He says he'll do fine with chukar and pheasants.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
N
Thanks guys- i got him to a bird farm for some EASY birds and that was a good win for him. Just thinking that I've heard of a guy that covered their dog's toys in training scents so when it came time to hit the field, the pup instantly was looking for his toys. I'll have to give quail scent a shot.