Live hunt spring turkey missouri

OP
William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully you guys are enjoying the morning.Got a feeling today will be awesome for you. After experiencing Missouri season I'm jonesing to get back into the woods general turkey doesn't open in Utah until Monday.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I don't know what's going on today but they just aren't talking. I'm wondering if some coyotes came through spooking them last night.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guess it depends on your area but the bird I killed came in completely silent. Glance out of blind window and two birds at full strut headed for hen decoys. Guess I'm saying it's not over till you leave the woods

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wind came in and we called it a day. Guess I should go to work for a few days since it's going to be raining anyway...

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Forecast changed and we should have decent weather tomorrow and crappy weather this weekend so I rescheduled work to get out there tomorrow. It's been nasty all day today so hopefully they'll be active tomorrow to make up for it. I must admit the foul weather forecast this weekend doesn't disappoint me at all as it'll keep most of the pressure off the birds from the rest of the crowd that doesn't place hunting as a priority over work like I do. :)

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got out here to pretty slow activity so began making our way to a field that has had pretty consistent gobbling near by. As we started to enter the field I crow called and 2 sounded off and I saw a tom fly down into the far side of the field 300 yards away. We sat and called for 45 min and they just kept moving into to the next field over. We decided to close the distance so stay inside the wood line and got within 200 yards. I pushed it too much and got too close and they spotted me and ran off clucking.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rain finally let up for a day so I'm at it again. Lots of hen chatter but no gobbling, not sure what's up.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Grrrr. He saw my car parked on this field I was hunting, snuck in and set up directly across from me but just out of my sight and called for an hour and a half before stepping out to set up his decoys, which is when I knew for sure it was another hunter. There's 6000+ acres on the plot of public and he parked right next to me and hunted right next to me. I'm pissed.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
The monsoons are past in your area and it is supposed to clear up. Going back out?
Yes sir. Back at it again this morning and at least 1 day this weekend hopefully both. Birds are awful quiet this morning though. Decoys are out and I'm cold calling for awhile.
40cfde2519e380c6e0c5753770c16e36.jpg

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm hearing random gobbles but nothing is really responding to me. The wet weather we have must have messed them up or season is winding down.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is one 250 yards across the field in the woods from me but he seems hung up and not wanting to come the distance.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last day to get it done. Ckossuth and myself are at it this morning making one last go of it. Birds are talking already.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
The birds win this time, I'll be back in the fall though. I think the excessive rain and flooding had them acting funny. Next time Mr Turkey next time...