Backcountry Grouse Recipes?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've never shot any on a pack-in hunt. But for base camp I go simple......a little oil and Montreal Steak Seasoning, and fry them up in a pan.

OP
T

topher89

WKR
I've never shot any on a pack-in hunt. But for base camp I go simple......a little oil and Montreal Steak Seasoning, and fry them up in a pan.

That is similar to what I do when I get one on a day hunt. I have never gotten one on a backpack hunt, just curious as to how people cook them up in those situations.

WoodBow

WKR
Weber makes a seasoning called Kickin Chicken. It's pretty awesome on them.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Like the others said, fry them up in a pan and eat them with a bit of seasoning on them.

I shot 3 yesterday and 5 the day before, last night I pan fried them and made gray with mushrooms and the hearts and livers of the birds and ate it with roasted potatoes. Pretty damn good.

Stid2677

WKR
Debone the meat, spice, fire roast to medium on a stick over open fire,, sliced thin and tossed in butter sautéed onions. Served on tortillas.....

x9K0aFB.jpg

3hFAfAF.jpg

VZZGi5M.jpg

Steve

wildcat33

WKR
I'll make a good fire with a hot bed of coals, then spread the coals out and lay a flat rock in the middle. Let the rock heat up by keeping the fire going around the rock, then grill the breasts and legs with oil, salt, and pepper - preferably with skin on. Hearts go on the side and get eaten as an appetizer.