All my upland hunters out there, which shotgun?

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Benelli calls it weathecoat.

I talked to Benelli and the Montefeltro does not have the weathercoat. It is 100% walnut stock. I ended up buying the one I put pictures up of.

SureShot

FNG
I'm a lefty and own both a Benelli M2 and Montefeltro. They're both awesome, but the Montefeltro is my go to gun.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
I'm a lefty and own both a Benelli M2 and Montefeltro. They're both awesome, but the Montefeltro is my go to gun.

Do you shoot left handed?

With shotguns shooting RH doesn't bother me and higher chance of me being able to pass it down to someone if it isn't a southpaw.

67bronco

FNG
I tote and old Belgium Auto 5 most of the time for my bird duties. Picked up a yildiz 28ga from academy a few months ago. It might take over as my quail and dove gun

wildcat33

WKR
Let me know if you decide to send your SX3 down the road, I might be interested depending on what model you have.

SoDaky

WKR
M2,Cordoba,Sport.Take your pick.All great.
Own and shoot them all.Also a 'lefty'.

sdfuller

Lil-Rokslider
I use a 12ga franchi affinity, the cheaper relative to benelli/beretta. One of these days I will pony up for a 20ga ultralight but for $6-700 the affinity is a great gun that I don't mind beating up

sdfuller

Lil-Rokslider
I use a 12ga franchi affinity, the cheaper relative to benelli/beretta. One of these days I will pony up for a 20ga ultralight but for $6-700 the affinity is a great gun that I don't mind beating up

Forgot to add that the Affinity comes in a left hand model

Flazer

FNG
Vintage Rem 870 Wingmaster. 6.5lbs and 12 gauge. May look into a 20g double gun eventually. Also have a Mossberg 930. Build like a tank, and closer to 8+ lbs. More of a duck gun, but it's nice to have the 3rd round quickly for chukar. I prefer gas to recoil operated for guns.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

NEhunter

WKR
Did you think the Ethos kicked like a Mule? I got my buddies and it was like a Mossberg.

I’ve been running an ethos 12 gauge for a couple years and imo it is not too bad, I really don’t even notice it. I also run 3” steel waterfowl loads through mine all the time as most of what I hunt is non tox only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wassid82

WKR
A400

I am looking at possibly purchasing a new shotgun for upland. I currently have a 12 ga. SX3 which works great just a tad heavy. I looked at the Montefeltro and Ultralight and both look and feel awesome. I am a lefty so that is making me lean towards the Monte. Those who have one or both how do you like them?

Any others I should be looking at? I want the price under $1,500. I am open to over and unders as well. Mostly hunting pheasants, grouse, and partridge in ND.

Thanks!

I have several shotguns. My vote in semi auto is definitely the a400. Between my friends and I we have most brands. Benelli and beretta are the most popular. But the a400 swings the best for me.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the Remington V3 is a good buy... It is light & performs well. I did a lot of research and handled more than a few in the process and it lined up well for me. I'm hoping Santa got my letter...

KJH

WKR
Found this Montefeltro 20ga at my local shop, think I have found the gun I have been looking for. The stock on this is unreal for just a normal Monte.

NDGuy- Can I ask what town your local shop is in?

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider
Recently purchased a Franchi instinct in 20 gauge and love it. Super light weight and fits nice

cruizer

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Citori lightning in 12 ga, and recently picked up a Beretta AL390 Gold mallard in 20 ga and love it. Compared to my 12, recoil is hardly felt, and it is so much lighter than the Citori. Shooting clays, I'm much better with the Beretta.