Looking for Texas Turkey Hunt

TheCougar

WKR
I’m new to Texas and I’m missing public land hunting! I’m in Fort Worth and I’m looking for some opportunities to hunt turkey. I don’t need a guide or a lodge. I just need a place to find turkeys. I can pay a little for access, but I’m not paying $1000 for a few days of hunting. I don’t really care if I hunt Rios or if I go north into Oklahoma for whatever they have up there. I will also hunt with someone from Rokslide, if that helps. I’m from AZ and I can possibly provide some reciprocal info also. Please PM if you know of a place or people. Thanks.

Merc

FNG
Not sure how far your willing to travel, and if you are looking for spring or fall gobblers. But my Uncle guides turkeys in the spring, though down near the coast. Also does fishing too.

gumbl3

WKR
Closest place that comes to mind is the LBJ grasslands in Wise County. I highly recommend you stop in the office N. of Decatur and get a map for $10, because the units are all cut between private property. Not the best hunting but you can find em there.

elkdog

Lil-Rokslider
I have hunted the KAW wildlife area in Oklahoma for Rio's and it has a good number of Turkeys.
If nothing pans out in Texas, you might give it a try.