Favorite archery turkey blind

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's your favorite packable archery turkey blind? I'll be taking my 3 and 5 year old (separately) and need concealment. Normally I run and gun or just use clothe but that isn't going to cut it with fidgety youngins.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.....Turkeys....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doc89

WKR
What's your favorite packable archery turkey blind? I'll be taking my 3 and 5 year old (separately) and need concealment. Normally I run and gun or just use clothe but that isn't going to cut it with fidgety youngins.

I've been having good luck with the double bull blinds personally. I have an older model that I've bought used and repaired to keep going. Plenty of room and I like the layout of the windows. Hunted with a buddy and his wife inside his double bull blind last year without an issue as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.....Turkeys....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tough crowd. I've heard of crazy people that do it before bear season in Idaho too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't think which blind you use matters as much as when setting up trying to break the outline up as much as possible

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member

Turkey hunting is fun, you should try it. Besides the only other thing open is coyote until I go bear hunting. I'm an equal opportunity hunter. I suppose I could just sit at home twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next big game season though.
I've been having good luck with the double bull blinds personally. I have an older model that I've bought used and repaired to keep going. Plenty of room and I like the layout of the windows. Hunted with a buddy and his wife inside his double bull blind last year without an issue as well.

Do they have plenty of clearance for your bow?
Tough crowd. I've heard of crazy people that do it before bear season in Idaho too.

I wouldn't think which blind you use matters as much as when setting up trying to break the outline up as much as possible

I'm going to Montana immediately after for bear.

I don't think it matters much to the birds, but I mean ease of setup, layout, and bow clearance.

Doc89

WKR
William, Actually yes it does have an exceptional amount in it. I have the double wide version that's more geared towards longer ATA and trad archery hunting. The regular size has enough room as well however if you don't want the larger size in my opinion. I'm actually considering picking up a regular for that reason to save a little weight.

Double Bull Dark Horse, which is now called the Bullpen. Been hunting out of one for years and they work awesome.

bradb

WKR
I have never had a problem with bow room in the double bulls. I have a couple from years back and do prefer the older style windows.
Actually prefer to sit against a tree with a shotgun :)

Doc89

WKR
I think mine is one of the Dark horse models... but the larger option. I just can't recall the model name.
13f3076ed491a8c1110de357d7bbd25e.jpg

Jimss

WKR
I bought several blinds when I first started gobbler hunting but I don't even take them any more. I'd rather use what ever cover is available. It doesn't sound like this would work well with your kids. A double bull double wide has gobs of room and is super nice with lots of large windows. Its also nice having a roof if the weather is bad. Rolled up camo with stakes attached is super light and less bulky. It obviously doesn't have a roof. I've also used a mirror blind. These work great and reflect the ground that is in front of it. It may take a couple to conceal you plus your kids though. Most of the turkeys I've hunted were super leery of portable blinds and the mirror blind worked great....even out in the middle of a plowed field.

DWinVA

WKR
I use an older Double Bull T3. I shoot a 60” recurve out of it without any issues. It’s not as heavy as some blinds and I carry it strapped to my EXO 3500 pack. Good luck.

God Bless.

I've had great luck with my Xenek blind. If you send me a PM, I can send you a code to save you a few bucks on a new one.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
I went with this because it seemed a good compromise between price and the features I wanted. I like it a lot. A little tricky to setup the first time, not hard just tricky but still only takes 5 min.
636e0e5eb8d2c90fcfec966ccf2e450c.jpg
20f289070ff9ee87e7c8f380b2a25d67.jpg
d414e6e73cb8fba1dd86eaa6c1f209fd.jpg
da23dfd4968af869fa62ef0387d8d1b8.jpg