2018 Turkey LE tag

Getting excited as my first Utah hunt is next Saturday. I'll be hoping to stick another big Tom with my bow. Last year was a 19.5 lb/9.25" beard.

It has been 3 long months since my last hunt (Az OTC archery Mule deer).

I am so grateful they have early bird hunts so I don't go crazy waiting for August to chase Elk here.

I have been torn on my broad head. Normally use Montec, but switched it up to a Slick trick 150 gr. I am hoping my 500 gr set up will have enough kinetic energy to get thru the Tom.
:)

Best of luck to the rest of you Turkey hunters out there.
3ac5807988a1c10395fb3ad6860d6d7f.jpg

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Must be nice to draw yearly your obviously more lucky than me. I drew an le tag after a two year wait I hope the late snows don't hinder access. Love just getting out in the spring
fa83b34a123b9d090cdbb9d60e2470f6.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
Yea I don't know what happened, but either way where I hunt they are still there and not a lot of guys head up here so I am ok with the LE tag or the general season.

We have snow forecasted for Two days later this week. That will make seeing them a bit easier.
I still don't think have migrated too far up the mountain yet.

I agree- it will be soo good to get out and back to hunting in the mountains, well the benches at least lol

Glad you drew and good luck. The bird on your back in the pic looks sweet by the way.