What broadheads are you using for turkeys?

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
What's your broadhead of choice for turkeys? I'm going to try some rage turkey heads and some magnus bullheads this year. Also while we are at it what's your whole set up from now, poundage, arrow choice, length, weight, and head. Curious what else others are using.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Solid Decapitators!!!! Once you go to head shots you will never look back. Target is actually larger than the organ vitals and they don't fly or run off.

I'm just using my Montec 125 gr fixed heads.
Bow - PSE Full Throttle, arrow - 485 gr Black Eagle X Impcts, 250 spine, 125 gr B/Head, 60 gr SS outsert, 4 fletched Vane Tec 3", pin nock and bushing for micro .166
I am guessing I am down to 285 fps, with my bow cranked down this low.

cg2737

WKR
I am shooting my 45# Hoyt Buffalo and using 125g Magnus Bullheads. I agree with goforthegusto head shots only for me. I have shot turkeys with what looked like perfect hits, just to have them run off. Aiming at the head I will either miss or drop them where they stand.

young7.3

WKR
Magnus Bullheads. Lifetime warranty. Send them a picture of the broken head and they'll mail you a new one free!

rcfireninja

Lil-Rokslider
Trophy ridge hammerhead.
0b53926fe81e1f2e6f27157817cddb66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies so far. I got the magnus kit and so far with field points the arrows are grouping with my normal arrows out to 20 yards. I haven't tried with the heads yet but hope to tomorrow. Have 2 bows I'm trying. The triax is spot on with all my arrows but the carbon defiant is off about an inch or so. Season starts Monday here so I don't have much more time to get it dialed in.

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
Bullheads also!! It helps a lot to get the correct spine and get the arrows made especially for bullheads, otherwise getting them to fly can be very frustrating. Using a cheap pillow is best for sighting them in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sodbuster

WKR
62 lb Hoyt Carbon Matrix with RKT cams.. For Turkeys I shoot chinese rage.The better ones are cheap and shoot well.
You can hear the slap of death when they hit.

Sodbuster

WKR
I had the Bullheads and the Guillotines and never set them up.For me, I did not want a few longer arrows just for these heads when the rages(and Spitfires before) have worked for al long time.

Thedeerfarmer

Lil-Rokslider
I am shooting my 45# Hoyt Buffalo and using 125g Magnus Bullheads. I agree with goforthegusto head shots only for me. I have shot turkeys with what looked like perfect hits, just to have them run off. Aiming at the head I will either miss or drop them where they stand.
How are you getting along tuning those heads with a trad bow? I've been thinking about trying some of those for mine.

For turkeys I'm a big fan of large cut mechanicals. Deploy as much energy into the bird as possible. I typically use the Grim Reaper whitetail specials, but honestly just about any large cut mechanical will work for a turkey. I will actually reuse heads without replacing blades to get a bit more resistance.