Red Dot for Turkey Gun

garbs

FNG
I really like the vortex venom because it has a low profile and doesn’t get caught on stuff when busting brush. It also doesn’t obstruct the view much which can be helpful when you don’t know exactly where that tom is going to pop out.

bates

WKR
I bought an RMR on sale from Cabelas for Mine not sure if the Gen 1's are still available

a buddy put a burris fastfire on his son's 20 guage and is happy with it this season.

npm352

WKR
I really just like the bead. The less stuff the break and snag on, the better. But I will say those red dots are fun to shoot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
I got a cheapie on Amazon for like 20 bucks. I kinda got it just to try out and upgrade if I liked that style sight. I'm on my 3rd season with it. Birds shot every year. Hasn't needed adjusting yet. (Knocking on wood...)

Agustus

FNG
Yet another Burris fastfire fan here as well.

When shooting turkeys, Sometimes I’m not in the correct shooting position when the moment of truth finally happens. The red dot helps those situations. Red dot on the head and the bird is dead.

Had two Fastfire 3s go bad on me so I switched to a Venom. Both times Burris replaced the Fastfire though, so their warranty is legit. Each Fastfire lasted about a season and half (but one of my turkey seasons is the equivalent to several seasons for the average hunter). Pleased with the Venom so far.

bradb

WKR
I have a couple Vortex Razor red dots, the y have worked perfectly for a few years

N2TRKYS

WKR
Had two Fastfire 3s go bad on me so I switched to a Venom. Both times Burris replaced the Fastfire though, so their warranty is legit. Each Fastfire lasted about a season and half (but one of my turkey seasons is the equivalent to several seasons for the average hunter). Pleased with the Venom so far.

What happened to your FF3s and what caused it?

Vortex razor that i pulled off another gun to set my girlfriend up for her first bird. Solid performer like all vortex stuff.

What happened to your FF3s and what caused it?

They never gave me a straight answer on the issue, but the same thing happened to both FF3s. It was something electronic (possibly battery connection?) that caused the dot to cut off and sometimes not come back on. The first time it happened I was set up on a group of gobblers on the roost. When I turned the sight on, it came on at a different setting than normal. (I think normally it comes on brightest, then you switch it to lowest, or vice versa). I thought "That's odd, the sight has never did that before" and then when I tried to adjust the brightness the sight just cut out and wouldn't come back on. Cost me a bird. I took the battery out and put it back in and it worked fine for a couple hunts then started doing the same thing.

So I sent the sight to Burris, they sent me a new one. Pretty much the exact same thing happened to it after the same amount of time (~1.5 turkey seasons). This time I was prepared and kept a tool in my vest to take the sight off it need be. I was working a bird when it went out on me so I stripped off the sight and killed the bird with the rifled sights on the gun!

About halfway through this season with my Venom, I slipped in a creek and basically landed on it. This was the result:

Z17ai52.jpg

The sight still worked, but I was afraid to chance using it so I sent it back to Vortex. Even though the mishap was 100% my fault, they honored the VIP warranty and sent me back a brand new one in about 2 weeks. Now that is customer service! Very happy with the Venom.

codym

WKR
I've had a FF3 on my sa-459 for three seasons and 10 Gobblers, been perfect. I use a AM Defense quick detach mount so if it ever gave me problems I just flip the lever and pull it off and use the bead.