Chair/sit pad advice

mvmnts

WKR
What is everyone using to sit on? I'm doing a little run and gun but later in the season I've been working an area where I know the birds are and have been sitting 3-4 hours. The pain is literally unbearable on this doubled up z-seat. Season is almost over, but I am not going out another day without something better. Looking for a pad or chair, well under a 2lbs preferably.

I use an old Z-rest cut in half and narrowed down. So I ended up with 2 pads about 18" x 36"

I sit on it doubled up or can have part of it go up and cover my back.

I know lots of turkey guys have those 10lb vests with built in butt pads and a kickstand they lean aganst but it seems like too mich for me.

The Z-seat is too small in my opinion. The Z-rest cut in half is the way to go IMO.

codym

WKR
I hunt turkeys in elk country and I stay out all day. For me I use a gobble lounger on my EMRII pack. I take water meals jet boil coffee and with the chair I'm set up to sit for a bunch of hours should I need or want to. It does take 30 seconds to get the chair on and off the pack and have had to sit on my butt when I struck a hot gobbler close. It's not the lightest or fastest but the most comfortable and I can make due on the rest of the issues for the back and ass comfort

OP
mvmnts

mvmnts

WKR
Thanks guys! I checked out the gobbler lounger, it's now called the cabela's hunting lounger, looks decent enough and it's cheap but damn I can't imagine why they are making all these chairs out of steel instead of aluminum. 6lbs! lol. The place I am hunting this year it would work fine, but not for future trips. I guess for $30 it's worth it, but they're out of stock of course. I might try a z-rest, since I could use it for winter camping too.