Sitka Mountain Gloves 35% off

Cabelas has Sitka Mountain Gloves in Open Country listed for a "regular price" $58.77, however Sitka's price on these is $89.99. It's a weird price and doesn't really follow their pricing pattern, so I'm guessing it's a typo. Either way it's 35% off.

Sitka Mountain Gloves

Edit: Fixed Link

Last edited:
Thanks BloodAndRust. The link did not work for me, but I found them on Cabelas site. Part # was IK-962606. They look nice, but I read the reviews on Sitka's Site, and they don't seem to be warm enough to some people. Not sure which ones I am looking for. I might try them, and return them if they aren't warm enough. Have you tried them?

OP
B
No, I haven't tried them yet, but I did place an order and should have them soon. I also noticed the reviews stating that these didn't add warmth, but the lack of insulation was actually a selling point for me. I enjoy a less cumbersome glove, and the role I see these filling for me is doing things that require more fine motor skills than I can easily accomplish with my KUIU Expeditions- making camp, rifling through my pack, reloading/adjusting gear, across a large temperature range. Basically a Mechanix glove but with A LOT more weather resistance, plus the warranty and resell value that comes with Sitka. They'll also be good when I'm sitting for whitetails or hogs and I can keep my hands in my pockets or tucked in my crotch most of the time.

The Pittards Oiltac palms were the biggest selling point for me, I'm a fan.

I have a pair of the Sitka Core and a pair of the Sitka Shooter gloves. The Shooter gloves are a little heavier, but neither are warm. I don't want a heavy pair of gloves so that I have to remove them to shoot my rifle. Let me know how you like the Mountain Gloves.

I have the mountain gloves. I would not consider them warm gloves. They are pretty durable but not really warm. My hands dont get cold very easy so they work good for my but i wouldnt recommend them if you are looking for warm.

OP
B
They arrived this afternoon, and I've been playing with them for the last 30 minutes or so.

-They have no insulation, they are what I would guess is softshell exterior, windstopper membrane, and a micro grid fleece, all laminated together. Imagine someone took a Sitka jacket (Mountain/Jetsteam/TL), chopped it up, and sewed it into a glove with a tacky leather palm. Due to the grid fleece and windstopper membrane I would not use these in the summer.

-They are not quite as fitted as a merino/polyester glove, but they are considerably more fitted and flexible than my KUIU Expeditions and feel like Mechanix gloves compared to them.

-The face fabric is not as quiet as KUIU's (Stunner Stretch I believe), but the cut is much more form-fitting. I opened my safe (dial lock), pulled out my lever action 30-30, adjusted the rear sight, manipulated the safety, shouldered it with all of my fingers in the guard, and dry fired, effortlessly.

-They are grippy as all get out.

-I blew the hair dryer on full, cool blast and only felt the pressure of the air hitting the glove, which is about as good of a wind test as I can do in my house. The cuffs come up 1.5-2" past my wrist bone, so with a good fitting jacket you shouldn't have to worry about drafts or moisture getting between the gloves and your jacket.

-They include one of my favorite glove features, which is a clip on each glove to clip them together for storage or hanging.

Overall I'm very happy with them, and excited to use them this season. If you have any specific questions, let me know. I'm sorry I can't compare them to many other technical hunting gloves, as these are only my second pair. I have a lot of experience using a vast array of industrial work gloves, so that's really the experience I have to draw from.