Brunton Carbon Fiber tripod $59 shipped

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
I hate to be that guy that digs up old threads, but anyone have one of these they they want to get rid of? This is exactly what I am looking for and how I am looking to mod it.

Thanks,

as.ks.ak

WKR
I'm not. But if you get your hands on one, you won't be mad! I'm very happy with mine after the mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coop2424

WKR
i would imagine you could get a spare plate off amazon or even eBay. I am pretty sure it is standard size.

Last edited:
Can the one available on Amazon be modded to go as light as the Brunton? I have a set of Benro legs right now that are aluminum that I modded and they are right at 2lbs. Would like something a tad lighter than that for backpack hunting. Possible?

I ended up with the OBO one off ebay other people have compared to the Brunton and I'm pretty happy with it.

I picked up the OBO to see what I could do with it. I got it yesterday and so far I like it. My only complaint is the hub to connect the legs to the center column is plastic. It seems like it’s durable so we shall see. I took the bottom three leg sections off and reaches 32” extended all the way out. For sitting or kneeling it should be enough. Legs weigh 1.21lbs and with a Manfrotto 700rc2 Head it weighs 2.28lbs. I’ll put it through the ringer this spring turkey hunting and filming this summer. I plan to use it with a 50mm spotter so hopefully it holds up

f27bbca8108fae38d6110de7e133cfb4.jpg

cc1c45f47324c6ecc0736bb08e39eb4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Digging this back up but hunting partner is looking for this exact tripod if someone has one sitting around

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk