Brunton Carbon Fiber tripod $59 shipped

HookUp

WKR
looks like it might be a piece of junk, but I bought one to find out. haha. 60$ carbon tripod with free shipping is hard to pass up.

wilkes

Lil-Rokslider
Unlucky timing... Just bought a new tripod and this one was lighter and cheaper...

kinda sorta looks like the same model on opticsplanet for almost 300.00. hummmmm something smells here as my mom would say

OP
HookUp

HookUp

WKR
I didn't post this until the one I ordered came in. It is solid, you can adjust the angle of the legs and lock them in with metal stoppers. I don't see anything on this tripod that would break. The head is even pretty dang nice, thinking of using it on top of an Outdoorsman for back packing. This same tripod sells on Amazon for $99.99 showing the original price was over $300. No doubt the pricing factors in that Brunton is discontinuing their entire optics line.

http://www.amazon.com/Brunton-Carbo...2136247&sr=8-1&keywords=brunton+carbon+tripod

I didn't post this until the one I ordered came in. It is solid, you can adjust the angle of the legs and lock them in with metal stoppers. I don't see anything on this tripod that would break. The head is even pretty dang nice, thinking of using it on top of an Outdoorsman for back packing. This same tripod sells on Amazon for $99.99 showing the original price was over $300. No doubt the pricing factors in that Brunton is discontinuing their entire optics line.

http://www.amazon.com/Brunton-Carbo...2136247&sr=8-1&keywords=brunton+carbon+tripod
Would have been more concerned with the seller,just because never heard of them, but sounds like they came thru. Congrats on a great find. Looking at them again

RdRdrFan

WKR

Ordered one. Wasn't going to because I couldn't find a single review on them. But with your review and only $60.....

Thanks!

OP
HookUp

HookUp

WKR
I spent some time using the tripod with my Swaro ATX 65mm and the head had a slight drop when tightening to hold position. I was a little bummed, but its still a great deal and very serviceable head. If anyone sees a way to cut this down to a medium size tri-pod I think it would make a good cheap back pack sit down tripod. Sounds like this tri is made by Benro looks very similiar, one of the reviews mentioned it.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...o1kaEaAujj8P8HAQ&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&Q=&A=details

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
I just picked up two...I have a top shelf carbon manfrotto, but for sixty bucks, its almost a joke.
The reviews are great. Should make great gifts.
RG, follow the birdforum link/thread to the plates...

Thanks for posting this, Hookup! Guys like you are what makes this place great...

Received the tripod today. Pretty impressed with it for 60$. I think the head is junk, but the legs are really solid and the locks are very sturdy. Great Find. Anyone interested in the head. haha. One man's trash, is another man's treasure.

Broomd

WKR
Received the tripod today. Pretty impressed with it for 60$. I think the head is junk, but the legs are really solid and the locks are very sturdy. Great Find. Anyone interested in the head. haha. One man's trash, is another man's treasure.
Thanks for the heads up, no pun intended.

I bought this for the legs, and will add a quality head...322 manfrotto etc...