Wal-Mart Clearancing Guns

AdamW

WKR
Didn't find a Tikka T3 Lite for $49, but on a store-by-store basis, Wal-Mart is clearancing out a bunch of guns. Just bought a Ruger American in .308 for $199. They stock them in .243, .308 and .30-06. Found out about it on a black rifle forum thread this morning and it is going on all over the country I guess, so it is more than a regional thing. Also have read guys getting Marlin .45-70s with the 22" barrel for $299 plus there's a $50 off rebate card on the gun counter.

We have 3 stores in an 8 mile span. The tags in 2 local stores still read $389 I believe, but I asked the nice gentleman to scan the tag on the rifle and it rang up $199. 2 of 3 stores had them on sale, 1 did not, which I thought was weird. Did I need a budget bolt gun? Absolutely not, but I saw red and cash started flying out of my pocket. I took it as a sign. :D

Last edited:
All over. I had to ask them to scan it because the listed price was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also have clearance on mossberg mvp, Remington 870 and some savage bolt action 22lr

Pic from the ar forum. I'm hoping to find the savage 22lr
022cc906fe5560d75df797e339ca0ebd.png

Zoo Keeper

Lil-Rokslider
Not on sale at my Wal Mart either, but the guys behind the counter said they have had a constant flow of people asking. I even asked him to scan some of them.

Not on sale at my Wal Mart either, but the guys behind the counter said they have had a constant flow of people asking. I even asked him to scan some of them.

They probably will go on sale at some point soon.

OP
AdamW

AdamW

WKR
I sat around last night thinking "You goof you didn't need that .308..." Just walked in to work to get caught up on some projects and am thinking "If those .45-70s are only $250 after rebate, you are an idiot if you don't go check it out..." I need a Megatarp and a stove, I don't need any more got'dang rifles! :D

ETA: This was in central MO, but it is trickling through on a store-by-store basis all over the country. The key is having them actually scan the stuff if the sale tags aren't up. They'll be gone instantly when they change the tags most likely. Last night I was back at the store I got my .308 from and though they knew the price wasn't correct on the rifle I bought, the tags still showed full price. Gives me a couple hours to breathe and think more clearly. Hahahaha.

OP
AdamW

AdamW

WKR
Keep checking. Just read this a minute ago:

"Marked at $378 and scanned at $338. I told the department manager that I'd been there on Friday and yesterday and was waiting for the big mark-down. She checked her little hand-held thing for mark-downs and viola! $199. She told me that the new pricing was apparently pushed from corporate on Thursday night and apparently none of the other managers checked it."

Going to have the burn the stock on the .45-70 for warmth instead of a stove. Couldn't resist it.

Evergreen co Walmart has a 243 American for 199 and the Marlin 45-70 for 299 and then you could get $50 with mail in rebate. I didn't buy either one, just passing on good prices.

OP
AdamW

AdamW

WKR
Evergreen co Walmart has a 243 American for 199 and the Marlin 45-70 for 299 and then you could get $50 with mail in rebate. I didn't buy either one, just passing on good prices.

Tell me more about this self control thing...

Ha! I just bought a Nosler rifle, so rifle funds limited.I did buy a mossberg mvp in 223/556 they had for $250.