Eddie Bauer Primaloft Pants-$65 shipped

OP
Carlin59

Carlin59

WKR
Update: Just got these pants in the mail, very impressed so far. The website description is a little ambigous, but there are side zips that go from the anke all the way up to the hip belt, facilitating easy on/off. Haven't weighed them yet, but initial fit/feel/quality impression was good. I like that the butt has an extra layer of fabric ("reinforced knee and seat") instead of just nylon. Should be nice for glassing, or keeping in the pack in day hunt mode in case an overnight bivy situation pops up. Also, EB has another 30% off sale today, so looks like you can get them for $77. Pretty cheap for 100gm of Primaloft.
Men's Igniter Pants | Eddie Bauer

Bughalli

WKR
Interesting. How did they fit? I generally wear a medium in pants and large in jackets, but for this pant I would want to wear them over my regular hunting pants...purely for glassing in the cold. Thus I thought I would go up a size, but the large is sold out. Yet the description says they are meant to layer. Wonder if medium would still work.

Last edited:
OP
Carlin59

Carlin59

WKR
Interesting. How did they fit? I generally wear a medium in pants and large in jackets, but for this pant I would want to wear them over my regular hunting pants...purely for glassing in the cold. Thus I thought I would go up a size, but the large is sold out. Yet the description says they are meant to layer. Wonder if medium would still work.

Size-wise, I have worn a 34x34 in everything for 15 years, and the Large fit just right to slip over hunting pants. That said, I didn't find them overly baggy either. There are still XL and XXL for those larger than a 34x34.

colonel00

WKR
What do they weigh? Is this something you could compress into a pack and pack around only to put on for glassing?

OP
Carlin59

Carlin59

WKR
I'll check the weight of my size L tonight after work. They will compress enough to fit in a day pack. I don't think i'll add them to my September kit, but definitely October and November kit. Also plan on trying them in by sleeping bag at night. I just upgraded from a cheap 20 bag to a semi-decent Eddie Bauer 0 degree bag, but i rifle hunt with my dad a lot so he will get the new bag and I'll be glad to have some extra insulation on the lower extremeties in the old, cheap bag.

Trying a pair. May be the nuts on the harley in winter. If the xl doesnt work , look for them on here as a resell!

the xl fits me fine over a pair of jeans. 36"waist. normally 30" inseam is a tad long for me but these fit just fine. they are going in the saddle bag for those cool rides

OP
Carlin59

Carlin59

WKR
What do they weigh? Is this something you could compress into a pack and pack around only to put on for glassing?

Sorry for the delay. Weighed my size Large today, 21.5 ounces. Hope that still helps!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04