Trekking poles- Costco

captchet

FNG
Found Cascade Mtn carbon fiber trekking poles at local Costco on Fri. Quick google revealed good reviews. Cork handles and twist lock adjustable. Without baskets they weigh in at 16oz for the pair. Short hike yesterday with them and they seem pretty solid. For $29.99 cant beat them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

PNWGATOR

WKR
Andrew Skurka has very favorable reviews on them and that was good enough for me to try them last year. Used then scouting, packing in, packing game out and was favorably impressed. I haven't tried a high end pair of Black Diamonds, but in my experience I was thrilled with the product and found them a great value and will buy a second pair to have on hand as availability at Costco can vary. Good product.

OP
C

captchet

FNG
Thanks for the info. I have not used a high end pair either but I cant imagine much difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I've been using these poles for two years and no complaints!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I broke a pole yesterday snowshoeing, but my brother also broke a pole - black diamond- on the same trip. Nice part about Costco is that I'll just head back and get another pair for free. I used these poles all last year hunting and they work great.

I broke a pole yesterday snowshoeing, but my brother also broke a pole - black diamond- on the same trip. Nice part about Costco is that I'll just head back and get another pair for free. I used these poles all last year hunting and they work great.

You can buy replacement parts pretty cheap straight from Cascade's website. I broke a pole last spring in the middle section but Costco was already sold out for the year. Didn't know until a month or two ago you could get replacement sections and parts. for $9 i'm back in business.

You can buy replacement parts pretty cheap straight from Cascade's website. I broke a pole last spring in the middle section but Costco was already sold out for the year. Didn't know until a month or two ago you could get replacement sections and parts. for $9 i'm back in business.

Interesting, I'll have to check that out.

Andrew Skurka has very favorable reviews on them and that was good enough for me to try them last year. Used then scouting, packing in, packing game out and was favorably impressed. I haven't tried a high end pair of Black Diamonds, but in my experience I was thrilled with the product and found them a great value and will buy a second pair to have on hand as availability at Costco can vary. Good product.

I compared these to BD poles. I had a pair of the BD ski poles and loved them. Someone else liked them more as they were stolen a few years ago. For the $$ these kill the BD poles. BD poles average $150 a pair but can be had on sale for $120. I think I'm buying several pairs and giving them to friends I hunt with as gifts.

ljalberta

WKR
I have a pair of BD Carbon Corks and a pair of the Costco Cascade Mountain poles. The BD are definitely better in terms of construction, and I prefer the handles on them as well. That being said, they're not $100.00 better and I don't know if I would ever buy another pair as long as the Cascade Mountains ones are selling at such a bargain price. It's an awesome item at an awesome price.

NDGuy

WKR
Can you buy these online? They don't carry them in my store and I did not see them online.

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
Found a pair at Costco today, design is a little different they no longer have twist locks. I snagged a pair, they came in at .98 lbs. with the rubber feet removed.

Attachments

• IMG_2148.jpg
    IMG_2148.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2147.jpg
    IMG_2147.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2146.jpg
    IMG_2146.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 129
I got a pair of these last year and love them. My only complaint was I thought the rubber feet were kinda lame, but I just realized last week they pop off to reveal regular metal tips like most other poles lol

I just picked up a pair of these on Saturday (before finding this thread) and I'm even more glad I did now. They looks like a good value.